"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Oldphoneworks - We Want Your Feedback

Started by mazda_matt, November 17, 2016, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazda_matt

Quote from: Russ Kirk on November 21, 2016, 06:59:44 PM
It was working a few days ago when I was looking at the prices for cords, but not now. I tried it in both Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox 45.3.0.   I found the same results as Popular1.  Also, some old 2011 ads are still appearing. Looks like a lot more work needs to be done on the web site.....

I have let the hosting company know of the issue. Please try going to oldphoneworks.ca. This should redirect to .com and reset the issue. This will be fixed soon.

Matt
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

Butch Harlow

I have ordered from Oldphoneworks several times with a 100% success rate. I have ordered parts only, as I refurbish most of my phone finds myself. They worked with me to create specific length transmitter cords for my 20AL and I could not be more satisfied with the end result. All of my orders have arrived intact and correct, and the quality of the parts is as good as the original. I sure wish Canada wasn't on another planet with regards to shipping. Like Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.
Butch Harlow

bobv

Hi Matt,
I give you 100% credit  :). always Fast shipping

regards
VB

kleenax

Quote from: mazda_matt on November 21, 2016, 03:18:22 PM
What browser are you currently using? For me, the homepage still shows 'Featured Products' at the bottom and a rotating banner at the top. Please follow this Linkoldphoneworks.com and let me know where that takes you.

Thanks,

Matt Jennings
Best browser, hands down is Google Chrome, without question.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Is this a hard to find WE Mahoganny or a run of the mill ITT. I know, do you Joe Newbie?

Doesn't say, does it? $150 is good...right?

Joe Newbie will think he is getting one just like he saw for $300

Is this deceptive ad? Is this a level playing field?...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professionally-Restored-Working-Vintage-Antique-Telephone-Brown-500/192542385048

?hash=item2cd46ba398:g:bCcAAOSw4Q5a~H3l
Kidphone

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 11, 2019, 01:38:32 PM
Is this a hard to find WE Mahoganny or a run of the mill ITT. I know do you Joe Newbie?

Doesn't say, does it? $150 is good...right?

Joe Newbie will think he is getting one just like he saw for $300

Is this deceptive ad? Is this a level playing field?...Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professionally-Restored-Working-Vintage-Antique-Telephone-Brown-500/192542385048?hash=item2cd46ba398:g:bCcAAOSw4Q5a~H3l

Doug,

I think it is what they say it is. A Brown Western Electric 500 nothing more and nothing less.
If that is the price they want and Joe Newbie is willing to pay that price to get a nice Brown non modular WE 500.
What is wrong with that? Now on the other hand if he receives an ITT phone, then that would be another story.

Just my two cents.
CDN Doug

Doug Rose

Ad states it's a WE in the text, but I do not see any pictures of the handset grip or the back of the phone. WE didn't make Brown phones after the Mahogany. How about a pic of the bottom of the phone. Not there!

Is the two step process Painting? Again up to guess work as it does not state it.

I do respect your opinion,  but in my opinion that is "what's wrong with that."

We are here to help Joe Newbie.  No one helped me with Phoneco's upgraded dials. I was was burned but could buy the original dials for an addition $50 in my next order.

This is a very deceptive ad in my humble opinion.  Other Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

I can see this from 4 different points of view, if not more. Let's hold off on more posts until mazda_matt has a chance to respond. He has not logged in since January 4th.

From the buyers point of view, if not a collector and just wanting a good looking brown rotary dial phone, this seems like a good deal to me. Comes with a open center finger wheel, hard wired handset cord and a very nice surface finish.

From paul-f's site, WE introduced as a new color in 1954 (full color or two-tone) the -54 "Brown, Mahogany Brown, Briar Brown, Autumn Brown" and that color was discontinued in 1957. That date range would fit the finger wheel and handset cord type.

From the collectors point of view, yes, a lot of information I would like to have is missing including images of the emblems, bottom and inside components. Lack of these images does nothing more than turn a collector away - caveat emptor which has the serious buyer asking questions before buying and/or just walking away.

From a newbie collector point of view, yes, problematic. Will they be disappointed when the phone arrives and it is not what they assumed it to be. This is the one point of view that would concern me the most with this listing even with the buyer being able to ask the seller questions (that is, the new buyer does not know what questions to ask, what to look for). But then, I'm not sure how many "new to the hobby" collectors would be interested in this phone at that price.

Then, there is the seller's perspective. They just want to sell phones, nicely reconditioned phones, at a profit to stay in business. And, these phones seem to be selling in that 3 of the batch of 6 have sold. The seller does offer a 30 day money back return policy.

I think everything of question in this listing have been asked so far so let's just wait for mazda_matt to respond.

TelePlay

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

Quote from: TelePlay on January 11, 2019, 03:04:48 PM
Comes with a open center finger wheel, hard wired handset cord and a very nice surface finish.

I stand corrected. The finger wheel is not open centered as would be the case for a WE telephone from the mid 50's. It is a solid center finger wheel.

Other than that, my 4 points of view stand and still waiting for a reply, if any, from OldPhoneWorks.

I guess what we are looking for here on the forum, not necessarily changes in the OPW eBay listing, is clarification and/or verification of this phone's genesis, nothing more. eBay sellers can and do whatever they want to list and sell items, and be responsible for those sales.

mazda_matt

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the heads up. It was a listing error that I have now corrected. The phones are actually ITT branded phones.

Matt
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)