News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1964 Pink Northern Electric 554 Ex 558

Started by ....., June 11, 2019, 08:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I received this 1964 Pink Northern Electric Dates matching except the body it's a 1960, but there is a reason for the body change from the story this phone tells. Originally it started out as a C/D 558 (Two line wall) then someone converted it to a 554J according to the marking on the back. The two yellow wires on the dial were also cut off. I believe this was done in 1968 from the card that was folded up and put into the phone. That was likely when the 1960 body was put on. I gave it a good cleaning and did a peroxide bath on the handset, caps and dial face. I haven't tested it yet, I'll do that later.

Key2871

KEN

jsowers

You have a beautiful pink NE554 and it has a few things I don't remember seeing before. A date stamp on the housing (on an NE) and the pink cover on the back of the dial. The "Repair Shop" tag is also great to have. Never seen one of those before. Nice to have the open center fingerwheel too. You did a first class restoration job on it, and documented it well. Thanks for posting your phone.
Jonathan

AT2796

Pink became my favorite color 14 and a half years ago when my daughter was born.
That phone is fantastic! Nice work!
Andy

AL_as_needed

How long did you let it take its respective baths for? I have an early pink WE princess that has a touch of fading.
TWinbrook7