News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first Automatic Electric --- Rotary Wall Starlight

Started by Vacuumlad1650, April 15, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vacuumlad1650

I picked this up at a local antiques dealer for $20. So far, I like it! It has a later GTE modular backing plate attached. The handset cord appears painted.

It is missing the release lever, so if someone can post pictures of one, I would appreciate it. I'm going to attempt to fabricate one.
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

oldguy

Nice phone Andy. And I thought my phone work area was messy ;-)
Gary

Vacuumlad1650

Quote from: oldguy on April 15, 2018, 10:29:48 PM
Nice phone Andy. And I thought my phone work area was messy ;-)

That's my workbench when its "clean". It sees plenty of use, as I repair Vacuum Cleaners, Telephones, Typewriters, and all sorts of other appliances as a side job. I love working with my tools, and I learned from the best! My Grandfather, the Former Illinois Bell Employee, and professional handyman.
Andy R...

Vacuumlad1650@gmail.com

My grandfather spent 40+ years at Illinois Bell. Thanks to him, I'm a nut for real telephones! Another breed of Phone Phreak... D. Lipp, 1938-2018

stub

Andy R...,
           Here you go . It's a little rusty but you can have it . Send PM with address if you want it. These are adapter plates that make your phone base Bell-system compatible , yours is  "G" . AE Catalog ,Section M , 1975 , pg. M30 .  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

The entire phone may be repainted. Hard to tell for certain but the logo looks a little "filled in" with rounded corners. You don't see painted cords very often.

This is an older 192 Starlite wallphone as the backing plate is needed to make it modular. The newer models had the phone jack, keyed slots and locking bar built into the base. Also the older models had the coil cord exit high up in the left side like this one where as newer models have the cord exit lower down on the left side.

Terry

stub

Andy ,
          It's in the mail, going out this evening.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield