News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lamp Phone Atrocities!

Started by Greg G., May 06, 2009, 12:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Another shining example of a drilled upper, and a light tent. And, both the light and the dial work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bell-System-Electric-3-Slot-Payphone-Lamp-With-Working-Dial-/161536603389

Starting at $79.95 plus $16 shipping.

Contempra

Quote from: TelePlay on December 27, 2014, 01:13:41 AM
Another shining example of a drilled upper, and a light tent. And, both the light and the dial work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bell-System-Electric-3-Slot-Payphone-Lamp-With-Working-Dial-/161536603389

Starting at $79.95 plus $16 shipping.

Another atrocity.. mes ailleux !...Hello Teleplay ;).

WesternElectricBen

Know what would be really bad? A mushroom phone with a light added. Think about it, :)

Ben

Contempra

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 27, 2014, 10:55:39 AM
Know what would be really bad? A mushroom phone with a light added. Think about it, :)

Ben

From what you say, a mushroom phone with a light added is so different Ben,, this kind of phone is factored with a light. but the phone that teleplay shows, is an atrocity. ugly for me anyway :P... but I understand your view point . ;)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Contempra on December 27, 2014, 11:02:28 AM

Ben

From what you say, a mushroom phone with a light added is so different Ben,, this kind of phone is factored with a light. but the phone that teleplay shows, is an atrocity. ugly for me anyway :P... but I understand your view point . ;)

Hi Denis,

Yes, the post was not intended as a reply, merely a thought.

Ben

TelePlay

Haven't posted this link for a few pages so if anyone wants to see all of the 94 phones posted above in this topic to date in all their shining glory, check out this link, which has now been updated.

Contempra

Quote from: TelePlay on December 27, 2014, 11:41:28 AM
Haven't posted this link for a few pages so if anyone wants to see all of the 94 phones posted above in this topic to date in all their shining glory, check out this link, which has now been updated.

hmmmmmm!...I would give some of them in their original condition ..

Contempra

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on December 27, 2014, 11:14:42 AM

Hi Denis,

Yes, the post was not intended as a reply, merely a thought.

Ben

No worries Ben ;). have a nice PM.

AE_Collector

Ben

Wouldnt a mushroom phone with the mushroom light removed and discarded and a flexible gooseneck lamp say with a big bright halogen lamp in it attached where the mushroom lamp had been, be a big modern improvement?

Terry

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 27, 2014, 05:08:44 PM

Wouldnt a mushroom phone with the mushroom light removed and discarded and a flexible gooseneck lamp say with a big bright halogen lamp in it attached where the mushroom lamp had been, be a big modern improvement?

Terry
That's perhaps the first constructive idea in this thread.  :-* ;D

TelePlay

Here's a very sad addition to this collection.

A white washed amputee that's been lobotomized and gutted, sad indeed.

RIP 233 which would have been 52 this coming fall (III-63).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221686743525

Contempra

Hi Teleplay...This kind of pay phone is not my cup of tea but then to turn lamp, there are people who really do not know what to do with an old phone. That's why it's called atrocités..I never buy that kind of thing..;)

NorthernElectric

Cliff

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Just listed at $50 with a BIN of $75 plus $15 shipping. 9 views and 1 watcher in the first hour, and it's still there.

Looks like a #2 dial with a notched number plate. Drilled bulldog among other issues with this stick. No shade, no bulb, few photos, shaby paint and who knows what else ? ? ? .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/old-telephone-light-/251896487795

Probably won't last long, then again . . .