News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 295A Help

Started by Doug Rose, May 07, 2017, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This was a 295A that was upgraded. I have a wire from the 3 post on the right from top going under the ringer and is not terminated. Also second condenser pos 4 wire is not terminated. Any ideas where they go? AND where is L1 and L2 on this......time for a beer.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I guess I didn't listen to Rod  8).....forgotten pictures .....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

Left side, top to bottom:  R, GN, Y                              Right side, top to bottom: L1, G, L2, C

2   R                                                                 L1

4  GN                                                                 G

L2 Y-------------------------------------------L2

C     

Note: The  GN and Y terminals are missing in your 295A.  L2 terminal on right connects to L2 Y terminal on left.
Desk Stand connects on left side.

4 on induction coil connects to 4 GN terminal.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Thanks David.....you are the best I lost count on how many phones you have fixed for me.  I do appreciate it.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

David ...left side only has one connection on top marked 2. I had a loose wire coming off L2 on the right and connected it to 2 on the left. When I connected dt to L1 and L2 on right I get a fast busy. I have never seen one like it  :o ...Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

You are missing two terminals on the left side. The wire from L2 on right should not be connected to 2 R on the left. If you do that, you are placing the primary of the induction coil directly across the line, which will busy out the line.

The L2 Y terminal on the left is just to make it more convenient to connect the 3-conductor cord to the desk stand. If you don't have a phone connected to the 295A, or if the leads are long enough, you can just skip that terminal, and connect the yellow wire from the desk stand (or 102) to L2 on the right.

So, if you don't have any spare terminals lying around the basement, you could remove the L2 Y terminal from the left side, and the G terminal from the right side, to replace the two missing terminals on the left.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.