News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Butler Handles for Colored A.E. 40's

Started by Dennis Markham, September 22, 2015, 08:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

I was contacted by Beth Raduenzel who is the daughter of long-time collector Jim Aita.  I will post her message to me regarding the butler handles.

My name is Beth Raduenzel. I'm Jim Aita's daughter. I'm guessing you either know him or know of him. He recently designed some butler handles for colored AE 40's that he'd like to sell online. Since he doesn't do "the internet", I'll be helping him. I found your forum and thought it may be a good place to start.

As you probably know, colored AE 40's shrink over time, so original handles (if you can find them) no longer fit. My dad, working in conjunction with a local laser cutting facility, has manufactured, nickle-plated and hand-polished a small amount of original-looking butler handles in very specific sizes that fit the shrunken colored AE 40's. He told me he put this info in the newsletter, but hasn't received any responses. I'm not sure anyone in the club still reads the newsletter, or if they're all online instead. So here I am.

Is this something you think people on your forum may be interested in? I'll be posting them on Ebay later today for $75 each.

I told her I would share the information with our group in case anyone was interested.  She did re-contact me later today saying she had listed them on eBay.  Here is that link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221893539831

~Dennis

Jack Ryan

The eBay listings says that these sizes are available:

Butler handle sizes are:
2 1/16
2 1/8
2 3/16

Is that the measurement across the inside of the cradle? The measurement of a black Bakelite telephone is about 2 3/8. So I assume there is no standard size.

Jack

HarrySmith

Her message states they are made in dmaller sizes to fit the shrunken color cases.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Jack Ryan

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 23, 2015, 06:56:09 PM
Her message states they are made in dmaller sizes to fit the shrunken color cases.

True, but that assumes that 90% of the potential market does not exist.

Jack

Dennis Markham

Anyone with questions can contact the seller via eBay.  I'm sure she will be happy to respond.

~Dennis