News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I did a dumb thing.... I ordered a dialgizmo ....

Started by LoveOldPhones, October 03, 2016, 04:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoveOldPhones

I should have checked here before i ordered....  I did it 3 days ago and now I am having second thoughts about it after I have read
here about them.  I used paypal and my Amex card connected to paypal so.... I am guessing if the device does not work.... I can get my money back.

so ?  has anyone recently bought and used a dialgizmo successfully ?
I feel like an idiot for not checking here on the forum first.

thanks

Jack Ryan

So who says they don't work and why did they not work?

Mine work fine, people I've spoken to who use them have had no trouble with them.

I know a couble of people who reselĺ them and they have not had trouble with them.

If someone has a problem with them, what is the problem and is it related to the device?

Jack

poplar1

There was a time when a high percentage of them didn't work; then the company stopped selling them for a while. However, after production resumed, the units currently being produced seem to be be working fine for converting the rotary dial digits to DTMF (tones). The only remaining problem is that the * and # function don't work at all, but if you don't need those, then you're OK.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jack Ryan

I can only assume that particular phones in particular countries were problematic as I have not had any that didn't work.

I can't comment on the generation of * and # as I've never used them but the reverse function works for NZ and Oslo dials.

Thanks
Jack

poplar1

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on May 02, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

I received a shipment of 7 last week. I checked them and they all worked perfectly. Much better score than same time last year. 40-50% were duds.

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on May 03, 2014, 03:27:25 AM
I have bought numerous Dialgizmo´s over the years. I sell about 50 restored phones per year and about half of the buyers need a dialgizmo.

Had no trouble with them untill last year. Suddenly there were duds. I bought about 20 and 8 were defective. Lots of hassle with sending them back, complaining and getting money back.

Then suddenly in august Dialgizmo ceased trading, apparantly because of quality problems. Suddenly march 12th everybody got an email they started trading again. I got 2 emails on different addresses and was warned about this by several onther contacts who got the same mail.

These 7 was my first shipment since trading resumed.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

I bought one 3 years ago, and it didn't work well. I plugged it in, it worked on the first call, but it would not work the 2nd time. I would need to unplug it and plug it back in in order to get it to work.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

LoveOldPhones

OK thanks.  I will wait for it to get here and then see if it works.  I guess I was just not sure about them after what I had read.
I sent them 2 emails to confirm my order and heard nothing back.  that's why I got nervous about it.

I'll wait and see.
thanks everyone for your posts.

bobbyk

If it makes you feel any better I received mine last night, and it works perfectly right out of the box. Aside from being a tad slow generating the tone (about 1/2 second delay after dial stops moving) my 202 works wonderfully on u-verses VOIP, even with my polarity reversing CID installed.

Don't panic about the shipping, it took 9 business days to reach me from down under.

LoveOldPhones

Thanks for telling me that Bobby... I was just checking to see if there was any communication from them at all.  I have sent them 3 emails and they have been ignored.  I hope everything is OK.  I have learned my lesson.... I won't order anything again unless I can contact the seller first.

thanks for setting my mind at ease.... I hope everything works out OK.

19and41

Mine works for all digits, The memory dial and #&* don't work.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke