News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique Telephone Archive

Started by Fabius, June 22, 2018, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Does anyone know the status of the Antique Telephone Archive? The site owner was/is named Dave, I don't remember his last name. I communicated with him several years ago and he told me his was not active with it. Very nice site that hasn't been updated in a while with many dead links.

http://www.telephonearchive.com/
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

jsowers

Dave Margulius is his full name. I would guess he's gone on to other things. The number cards on that site are nice to look at. You can try the email dave@dmworkshop.com. That's what's listed in the handles list.
Jonathan

Fabius

That email is dead :( I'll see if I can find out who owns the domain.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Doing a domain owner search on whois.net only brings up the host company
(GO DADDY). The owner info is privacy protected. The registration fees are paid and up to date.

Any idea on how to contact Dave Margulius? Do you know where he lives?
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

jsowers

I think he's from the Los Angeles area, or at least he has sold at the Southern CA phone show. Here's the entry from the Handles list and it has a different email--I was incorrect. So you could try that one. You can also try contacting him through eBay by sending email to a member. Here is the link to finding a member...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25

The first word in the entry is his eBay handle. eBay recently changed their search page and took out finding a member, so I don't know how long the above link will work, but it does for me.

potrero   t***r    215   9-Feb-13   Dave   Margulius   x   T      USA, California   dave@collectorsweekly.com   28-May-99

The "T" also means he was a TCI member as of 2013 so you could see what they have on him address-wise.

I have a couple sheets of six number cards Dave sold at phone shows and they were very well done. They were given to me by a friend who was at the show. But that was about ten years ago. A lot can happen in ten years!
Jonathan