News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi2U

Started by flybynyte, March 12, 2016, 10:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flybynyte

My heartfelt gratitude for your expressions of welcome and compassion.
I have started a 'request for repair assistance thread' in the tech section.
                                    "My Malingering 2500"
Thanks again,
                      Bert                                                                       

19and41

Welcome!  I like cats but can't have one due to allergies.  I have one that comes to visit me at work.  He won't let me touch him, but that works out fine.  He will walk tight figure 8's in front of me like domestic cats do around ones' ankles.  He always brings a smile with him.  I feed him to keep his little furnace going.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: 19and41 on March 24, 2016, 12:11:26 AM
Welcome!  I like cats but can't have one due to allergies.  I have one that comes to visit me at work.  He won't let me touch him, but that works out fine.  He will walk tight figure 8's in front of me like domestic cats do around ones' ankles.  He always brings a smile with him.  I feed him to keep his little furnace going.
Our cats walk in odd tight circles when they're happy to see us, and Andie sticks her tail straight up in the air and vibrates it (apparently a sign of extreme affection)!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

flybynyte

Hi All!....Must say it's a very pleasant bonus for me to know that there are some genuine cat people among the folks here.

WEBellSystemChristian wrote:

"Andie sticks her tail straight up in the air and vibrates it (apparently a sign of extreme affection)!

My old, recently, dearly-departed Miss Claws did this with her hind-quarters directed towards a front leg of my 1930's Findlay
kitchen wood stove.  The stove only merited this special attention when it was lit and crackling warmly.  I've always regarded
the tail-vibrating maneuver, or display as I interpret it, as part of a territory-marking ritual. I've witnessed it often
as a male display outdoors when it is always accompanied by urine-spraying of an object.  I was quite surprised
when I once saw Miss Claws doing the exact same thing outdoors!
Until then, I didn't think that females could/would mark in the same manner.
Thankfully, although she was plainly able to sprinkle that old stove with droplets of affection she never did,
much to her credit.   She was in every way, a genuine queen......I miss her greatly.

twocvbloke

Yes, female cats scent mark in the same way male cats do, and it always makes me suspicious when my Spud does it (having had many a male cat in the family over the years, one gets suspicious of such acts!!)... :o

flybynyte

"He always brings a smile with him.  I feed him to keep his little furnace going."

I was touched by your comment 19and41, the presence of cats in my life has substantially enriched my existence.....

Regards,

19and41

The first time I saw him, his mother brought him and his little brothers out to play.  The one I know came closest to me and hissed at me for all he was worth.  It was so funny.  The next day I fed him.  After that he would come a running and hiss at me to say hi.  That was about 9-10 years ago.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke