"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 50AL hook switch wiring

Started by TallahasseeTom, February 14, 2015, 12:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallahasseeTom

Hello Friends

after building several 102 and 202's I started on a nice 50AL with correct components. After a year delay I am back on it. Got it wired up but having problems, I suspect with hook switch wiring as the switch is quite old in appearance. When plugging into wall outlet I get a dial tone but dial does not function correctly and one flip of the lever and dial tone is lost with a loud snap sound in the receiver. I have gone over the wiring twice, same problem. Probably it is the just one wire being in the wrong place. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Is there anyone who can be paid to finish these kinds of problems out? 

unbeldi

Can you provide more details on the unit?

How is it wired now? What kind of subset are you using?

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

G-Man

Isn't this a continuation of this thread-
Telephone Repair & Restoration » Technical "Stuff" » 50 AL wiring of switch hook?

In any event, this document from the TCI Library may be able to assist you in correctly identifying your switch hook.

G-Man

You have not provided a number of details and/or photos that would help us troubleshoot your problem.

Breaking dialtone is to be expected when the switch-hook is flashed.

In what manner is the dial malfunctioning-

• Are the numbers being misdialed?
  • Does your dial not break dialtone?
  • Who is your service provider?
  • Is it delivered over the internet by Comcast, MagicJack, Vonage or some other VoIP provider?
  • Or is it by a provider such as Verizon, Frontier, or AT&T over traditional copper-wires?