News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SC1202

Started by Pourme, September 22, 2017, 07:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Jim S gave me a heads up about this SC manual phone on EBAY. At the time we both refereed to it as a 1197. You can't tell from the outside case if it is a 1197 or 1202.
http://tinyurl.com/y83k7qsj

I think the asking price was $32.00, I offered $20.00+ shipping. they accepted.The phone looked good except for that nasty crack on the front and the ratted out line cord.

It arrived this week. I sent the seller a note asking for bubble wrap and no paper packaging. It was just thrown in a box with newspaper, I could hear it rattle when I picked it up. Luckily no additional damage was done.

With the exception of no modulation through the transmitter it functions as intended. I haven't taken the time to look into that.

I mixed some epoxy and put into the crack and held it together while it set up. I sanded it down and polished the case. Now it displays next to the 1212 & 1197....It looks happy!

One day in the cold winter I will put it on the bench and address the transmitter and line cord. Perhaps one day I will run across a SC 1158-B ring box to mate with it.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jim Stettler

Good deal Benny.
Now you need to start collecting the color versions.
The 1197,1198, 1202 and 1212 all came in colors.
The colors are listed on page 9/23 of link or page  15 of the document.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/125-sc-catalog-1942-pp-07-29-telephone-sets

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Pourme

I saw that, Jim when I was looking up this phone. I'd love to have those...bet I won't score any of those for $20.00!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Pourme on September 22, 2017, 05:46:09 PM
I saw that, Jim when I was looking up this phone. I'd love to have those...bet I won't score any of those for $20.00!

Benny
Probably not.
They also made them in clear. The clear were available for employees to order for use in their offices.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.