News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

We got SNOW baby!!!

Started by Dewdrop, February 09, 2011, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

Right now looks like we have 6+ inches in north central Arkansas.

This doesn't usually happen in our area.

Debbie
Debbie

Jim Stettler

Here in Colrado Springs We didn't really get winter weather until Jan. 1.

We haven't gotten 6" total snow all season. We have been having some cold but this weekend highs are expected to be back to 59 degrees .
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Debbie:

Time to change your avatar to one that fits the weather.  ;D ;D
Jorge

Dewdrop

That sunset picture was taken at the end of our road looking across the lake last month.

It's STILL snowing.

Debbie
Debbie

AE_Collector

Well keep the snow there, no trying to send it up to Canada. Nothing like that here in Vancouver!

Terry

stub

Debbie ,
             You've done it now :o !!! Your snow just made it here.  I'm sending it back!!! ;D   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Welcome to my world, Debbie.  I like your photos of the cardinals against the white snow.  You have a beautiful place there.

Terry, it looks nice where you are---why it almost looks like summer.  I particularly like the float plane.  Looks like it might be a DeHavilland Beaver.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 09, 2011, 04:39:06 PM
Terry, it looks nice where you are---why it almost looks like summer.  I particularly like the float plane.  Looks like it might be a DeHavilland Beaver.

Okay, you got me. It isn't too far off of that here today although there is white on the tops of the mountains. I found that picture in my compter from the spring of 2009. It is a few miles from Vancouver and is taken at a pub on the ocean front.

Leave it to you to zoom in on the plane! Could easily be a Beaver, lots of them here on the Left Coast.

Terry

Dewdrop

May go to the end of the road for a snow shot of the lake, but my boots aren't high enough.

We had birds below the feeders before daylight today.

Bird count in our yard today: Savannah Sparrow, White Throated Sparrow, Chipping Sparrow, Fox Sparrow, Junco, Cardinal, Blue Jay, Crow, Red Shoulder Hawk, Pine Warbler, Yellow Rump Warbler, Goldfinch, Chickadee, Titmouse, Downy Woodpecker, Red Bellied Woodpecker, Carolina Wren, White Breasted Nuthatch, Sapsucker, Brown Creeper.

They've been eating: sunflower seeds, peanuts, millet, and suet cakes.

Debbie
Debbie

Dewdrop

Almost 7" and it's still snowing. Wore my husband's Muck boots in the snow.

Avatar is now a snow covered Catalpa tree.

Debbie
Debbie

JorgeAmely

Nice pictures Debbie. What kind of camera you use?

Jorge

Dewdrop

Nikon Coolpix S630.

Still snowing, has been for at least 12 hours.

Debbie
Debbie

bwanna

love the snowy cardinals, debbie. sorry about your snow, we had 12" last wednesday. i hear some of what you're getting today will be here on friday. >:(
donna

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dewdrop on February 09, 2011, 02:08:25 PM
Right now looks like we have 6+ inches in north central Arkansas.

This doesn't usually happen in our area.

Debbie

Debbie: The picture with the three red cardinals looks unreal, as if there were only three colors in the picture: red, white and black. Good eye on that one. The one of the sunset over the lake is so cool that I am using it (with permission) as my desktop background.
Jorge