News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Target Practice - AKA - Dead Box

Started by Russ Kirk, March 14, 2011, 06:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Not sure if this should be off topic,  it is not about rotary phones,  but telephone related.

Guess someone in Tennessee is upset they cannot get DSL. Apparently he thought that if he destroyed the box, AT&T would have to fix it so he could finally get DSL at his house.

Russ....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Kenny C

Quote from: Russ Kirk on March 14, 2011, 06:27:22 PM
Guess someone in Tennessee is upset they cannot get DSL. Apparently he thought that if he destroyed the box, AT&T would have to fix it so he could finally get DSL at his house.

Russ....

That could have been a woman if its in Tennessee You havnt met my aunt  ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Russ Kirk

Oh,  you brought me tears laughing Kenny!!!!  That's a good one!

I remember when I worked in Outside Plant Engineering,  there were some remote locations we had to have steel armor plating added to the exterior because they were shot up on a regular basis. One photo looks like it may have some armor, albeit it looks too small.

I'm no expert at guns and ammo,  but these holes look like a shotgun. The two larger holes may be from a larger caliper rifle or pistol.

Russ...

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

RDP

This is what happens when you let idiots have guns!

Don't get me wrong here now, I'm a firm believer of bearing arms and everyone should have the right to own anything thing they want. But I mean anyone one with brains.

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Kenny C on March 14, 2011, 06:39:54 PM
That could have been a woman if its in Tennessee You havnt met my aunt  ;D

Kenny, I was thinking the same thing.

JorgeAmely

Kenny, tell your aunt that her grouping is nice and tight, but a little bit low and to the left. Adjust the sights accordingly.
Jorge

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Russ Kirk on March 14, 2011, 06:46:07 PM
Oh,  you brought me tears laughing Kenny!!!!  That's a good one!

I remember when I worked in Outside Plant Engineering,  there were some remote locations we had to have steel armor plating added to the exterior because they were shot up on a regular basis. One photo looks like it may have some armor, albeit it looks too small.

I'm no expert at guns and ammo,  but these holes look like a shotgun. The two larger holes may be from a larger caliper rifle or pistol.

Russ...

I have never fired at metal boxes like that, but I think the big ones are shotguns slugs and the smaller ones 38s and 45s.
Jorge

Kenny C

Needs to practice her hand writing too  ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

I have plenty of "Tennessee Storys" Like....... Once my Granny had just bought a new car and hadnt gotten it insured. The day she got it she drove it home  and guinea that was roosted in a tree flew down and broke out the windsheild. And come to find out it was my dad that had scared it down from the tree. Use your imaginations for the rest of the story  ;)
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

stub

Russ Kirk ,
               I live about 35 miles from Kenny and over here AT&T is still looking for the vehicle that moved a box three times bigger than the one pictured! We lost phone service for 4 days. I wanted to take pictures but they were a little perturbed at the time.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

bwanna

that looks like a fiber cabinet...wonder why she can't get adsl.. ???

stub, management may have been perturbed...but i guarantee you craft was laughing all the way to the bank.. :D

kenny, i'd like to meet your aunt.  :)
donna

JorgeAmely

Quote from: stub1953 on March 14, 2011, 09:21:59 PM
Russ Kirk ,
               I live about 35 miles from Kenny and over here AT&T is still looking for the vehicle that moved a box three times bigger than the one pictured! We lost phone service for 4 days. I wanted to take pictures but they were a little perturbed at the time.   stub

Stub:

Notice the box has a Bell logo on it. I guess Tennessee is independent Automatic Electric territory. Those holes in the box will surely make my 500 receiver chatter with noise.
Jorge

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Kenny:

How old is she? NRA lifetime member?
Jorge