"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Charles W Potter

Started by Vern P, May 08, 2011, 04:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern P

5-7-11  11:00 PM

Charles W Potter, Father of Vern Potter, passed away at 89.  Born 7-30-21, preseide in death by his wife of 60 years, Vera in 2002.

I have alwas said that WE as collector make up a family, and families share in the good and bad times.

Vern P 

DavePEI

Quote from: Vern P on May 08, 2011, 04:30:27 AM
5-7-11  11:00 PM

Charles W Potter, Father of Vern Potter, passed away at 89.  Born 7-30-21, preseide in death by his wife of 60 years, Vera in 2002.

I have alwas said that WE as collector make up a family, and families share in the good and bad times.

Vern P  

Hi Vern:

Please accept my condolences. I lost my father, WIlliam, 77, on February 6th, 2011, and my mother, Marjorie, 76, on May 15, 2009. I do understand how you feel. Dad's funeral was held Feb 13th. Sadly, though we lost him in Feb., here on PEI, with winter's frost and snow, no interments happen until spring, and we just laid my father to rest yesterday, May 07. They are both together now.

We will be thinking of you.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Tom B

Deeepest sympathies to you Vern, and belatedly Dave.
I lost my Father on 11-3-03, aged only 67.

Tom
Tom

HarrySmith

My condolences Vern, may he rest in peace.

Also to you too Dave.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

I logged onto the Forum this morning with the intention of wishing Vern Potter and Robby (rdelius) a Happy Birthday.  I was saddened to see this post by Vern instead, reporting the death of his father.

Vern, my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your father.  It's evident that the influences of both your parents have made you the honest, caring, hard-working man that you are today.

Dave, also my condolences on the recent death of your father as well.  Those of us in our 50's and beyond that still have a parent or both parents living are fortunate.  My father passed in 1995 and my mother way back in 1976 at the young age of 52 years old.  I too understand what you both are experiencing.

Phonesrfun

Vern:

I am sorry to hear about your father.  I met him about 3 years ago when I came to visit you, and had the opportunity to meet Milo Kellogg and see your collection and your shop.

Many of us seem to be losing our parents, and so this can be a sad time of life, but we can find happiness in the fact that we knew them and that they gave so much to raise us and make us who we are today.

-Bill
-Bill G

Ed D

Vern,

My condolences on your loss.  There never seems to be the right words to say at a time like this.  May you have the strength to carry yourself and your family, and friends through the grief and sadness that all of you are feeling.

Ed

Dan/Panther

Vern;
Sorry about your loss, my condolences.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Craig T

Vern and Dave, deeply sorry for both of your losses.

AE_Collector

Very sorry to hear the news Vern.

I can relate to the emotions though, I lost my dad Stan just last month on April 3. It isn't easy. Dad was 87. I had been discussing dad's illness with Dave PEI and then Dave's dad died. It hadn't been a good year for me UNTIL Saturday May 7th when my daughter got married. I just posted about it here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4802.new#new

My condolences,

Terry

teka-bb

Hello Vern,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You are right we are like family. A few weeks ago I visited a collector in Germany together with several other collectors. The guy was very to happy to see us and show his collection.

Regretfully he died in hospital a few days ago. It feels like I lost a friend eventhough I hardly knew him.

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/