News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

free yellow 554 (you pay postage) hard-wired, Nov 1972

Started by Janeiac, June 23, 2015, 01:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janeiac

It's complete and has no cracks or breaks, but it's dirty and the wires are not in place. I do not know if it works or if it might need service.
PM me your address if you want it.

electric al

I would be interested , depending on the shipping costs to
Quebec Canada !
Never met a phone I didn't like !

Janeiac

I have no idea what shipping costs will be. I do not own a postal scale. Take the known weight, add a pound, and go to USPS.com and look up the price from  US 02135. My guess is Priority Mail will be the best deal. Lucky for whoever gets this, I happen to have bubbles and peanuts and some good, sturdy boxes in a closet so he won't have to pay for materials. 

Please realize I am doing a favor and try to make it easier on me and not ask for even more.

Janeiac

This is still up for grabs to the first person who PMs me a mailing address and agrees to pay the postage, whatever it it is. I'll choose the cheapest method.

Janeiac

Up for grabs...

Janeiac

No cracks

Janeiac

It's been claimed... I hope the recipient enjoys it.

poplar1

11-72 is early (first year) for mini-modular cords and handsets. Notice that the plugs on the handset cord are yellow, not clear.
This set is coded "554BM."
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Janeiac

The phone is on its way to its new owner. I hope he will enjoy it, and post pictures of his work so we can all enjoy seeing its renewal. :)

DiaLen

Update:
Janeiac was good enough to offer us a yellow wall phone free, just pay for shipping. It just so happens that I have been wanting such a phone so I jumped at the offer. Well, lemme tell ya, this phone must have spent most of it's life hanging in a second floor closet. It was really just a matter of cleaning and shining and it's like new again! I'm really thrilled with my new gift.
Thank you Jane.
Be faithful to the commitments of your life.

andre_janew

The new system likes small photos from a digital camera.  Photos from a cell phone may or may not be accepted.

Janeiac

It looks great! Please tell what you did! How are the wires supposed to connect to make it work? What did you use to clean it? I'm glad to see it hanging and appreciated. I really had no idea how to wire it.

WesternElectricBen

G-Man

Quote from: Janeiac on July 27, 2015, 03:29:25 AM
It looks great! Please tell what you did! How are the wires supposed to connect to make it work? What did you use to clean it? I'm glad to see it hanging and appreciated. I really had no idea how to wire it.
Here is a connection diagram.

Janeiac

I don't understand that wiring diagram at all! Can you post a picture of the connections, or explain what you did? When I got the phone, as you saw it had no wires or plugs. I gave it away because I did not know what to do with it, plus I decided I wanted a different color to match my kitchen. But I'm curious how it's supposed to be set up.