News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

really cool 60's or early 70's speaker phone AE 880

Started by dhilarious, June 22, 2012, 10:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilarious

I think this looks really cool.  I have bought about 250 phones over the last month so Im gonna pass on this one, but someone may like it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190691967373

AE_Collector

Yes the AE 880 Speakerphone. A great Speakerphone actually and it is line powered as well. There are predecesors to the 880 as well. The 88 and the 88T, both of which are built on the AE 80 chassis.

Terry

From the listing for future reference:

Automatic Electric Speakerphone AE TYPE 880 "EXECUTIVE MODEL" 

Type 880 Monophone NB 88000 CSL 11-62-6

Vintage 1960's Rotary dial phone with speaker

I have not tried to hook-up this phone. It appears to be in good condition.

stub

Boy a 15 would look good on the last two numbers of this phone!!! ::)  But not as good as # 11 ;D
                                                                                                                                                    stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Greg G.

I've got one just like it: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5558.0

That one is a 62, November 6th to be exact.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

paul-f

Quote from: stub on June 22, 2012, 11:34:35 PM
Boy a 15 would look good on the last two numbers of this phone!!! ::)  But not as good as # 11 ;D

11 & 15 ...

[http://www.paul-f.com/AEcolors.htm]
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

Oh yes, I remember that find of yours Briny! And a great find it is. Is there a date on it other than the one stamped on the base?

I'd say September 1964. The code 9-64-18 equates to September 1964 and the 18 is an undetermined part of the code. Potentially a plant or shift code.

Terry

AE_Collector

So remind me one more time Stub....Do you have 880's in all colors except 15 turquoise?

How about you paul-f?

Anyone else out there with more than 1 AE 880 and if so, what colors?

I have all but 11 - Dawn Gray

They were available in:
00 - Ebony Black
10 - Sand Beige
11 - Dawn Gray
12 - Jade Green
15 - Turquoise
19 - Gardenia White

Terry

Greg G.

Quote from: AE_collector on June 23, 2012, 02:46:01 PM
Oh yes, I remember that find of yours Briny! And a great find it is. Is there a date on it other than the one stamped on the base?

I'd say September 1964. The code 9-64-18 equates to September 1964 and the 18 is an undetermined part of the code. Potentially a plant or shift code.

Terry

I was referring to the original post.  I always thought AE date stamps were MM-YY-DD, so translated, the ebay one would be Nov 6 1962, mine Sept. 18 1964?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AE_Collector

Quote from: Brinybay on June 23, 2012, 07:50:04 PM
I was referring to the original post.  I always thought AE date stamps were MM-YY-DD, so translated, the ebay one would be Nov 6 1962, mine Sept. 18 1964?

Ohh, Oopps! In any event, the codes are MM-YY-?? so no day is specified. Incidentally, there are a  lot of ??
's in AE's numbering and coding!

stub

Terry,
           I still need the 12 Jade and 15 turquoise.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Greg G.

- Mike Row
e

stub

Brinybay ,
              Yeah , there have been great prices on the colors I already have!!!! :'(  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield