News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 29 (previously 31) - WE U500 "mushroom" in light beige

Started by bingster, June 01, 2009, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

As suggested by Dan, here's our next auction!  Let's hope this one doesn't get ended early like the last one did.  

This week we have a rare Western Electric U500 lighted "mushroom" phone, light beige in color, which purports to be new old stock and unused.  This morning it was at a hundred dollars, and it's taken quite a jump today.   Still, I think there's a good way left to go before this one ends.  

And where will it end?  Get your guesses in before the auction's final day, and you could be this week's winner!

S C O R E B O A R D
$237 - Sargeguy
$325 - bingster
$425.73 - Dennis Markham
$425.74 - BDM
$450 - JimH
$499.87 - Bill Cahill
$500 - Dan/Panther
$550 - Dan2
$575 - AtomicEraTom
$625 - McHeath (-2.77) Winner!
Sold for $627.77
$650 - HobieSport
$727.66 - Shovelhead
$987.32 - Contraste
$1500 - mienaichizu

= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Dan/Panther

It says Beige, but it sure looks grey to me.

I'll say ....
$500.00
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

$625.

That cord is sure mangled for NOS.  Hmmm.  And where did the transformer go?  Also odd for something that is supposed to have never been used. 

contraste

The worst colour but even so...

I'll say $987.32

Dan

I'll slot in here @ 550.00. Not a beige fan, but it is soft plastic. Many shrooms seem to be from '59, I like that it's a '58.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

JimH

Jim H.

HobieSport

-Matt

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Do you get the feeling we are being pushed out of the competition ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

I don't know...my $425 bid sure looks low now. Especially since the phone is up to $300 with 4 days to go.  Seems like a phone like this will jump from the gate and then sit for 3 or 4 days...with some action at the end.  I still don't see it going over $500 but I'm always wrong and have only guessed right on ONE occasion.

AET

I'm going to say 575 on this one.  Wish I had that baby sitting on my dresser!  Wow, my phone knew I was talking about replacing it!  She just started ringing haha!!!
- Tom