News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 18 - Western Electric 354 in Ivory

Started by bingster, December 29, 2008, 02:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

We've got a real beauty this week.  It's the solid ivory thermoplastic Western Electric 354, the wall phone counterpart to the 302.  This particular example is particularly stunning.  The seller claims it's new old stock and unused.  The buyer will have to be the judge of that, but it is unusually nice.  

What do we think this one will bring?  A clue may be in the fact that it's been bid up so high in only a few hours.  Give us your guess before the auction's final day, and you could enter the Auction Contest Hall of Fame!

S C O R E B O A R D
Sold for $271.00
$275.00 - Sargeguy (Over, Winner)
$302.99 - BDM (Over)
$317.00 - Dennis Markham (Over)
$342.61 - winkydink (Over)
$354.50 - mienaichizu (Over)
$355.00 - JimH (Over)
$375.99 - Mark Stevens (Over)
$410.00 - bingster (Over)
$485.00 - DanĀ² (Over)
$436.00 - Steve (Over)
$459.86 - Bill Cahill (Over)
$650.00 - McHeath (Over)
$1000.00 - Dan/Panther (Over)
= DARRIN =

BDM

--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

winkydink

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Mark Stevens

McHeath

Whew!  That's one purty phone.  Went over to Oldphoneworks and they have one for sale, they want 699 and it's nowhere near as nice as this one.  I'm guessing higher at

$650

Dan/Panther

McHeath;
Please re-read your last post, then go to your room.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Oh gee, guess I should make some sense eh?

I think what I meant was that I will go higher than you folks, but then again with D/P at 1 grand clearly my bid at 650 is not "higher", well it is for most of you, but not "higher" in the sense of "Higher", if you know what I mean.

Meanwhile I say that I'm going to go "higher" while talking about Oldphoneworks ivory 354 priced at 699, then I bid 650, which contradicts my previous statement, which is only "higher" in a highly metaphorical way.

Perhaps I meant "higher" in the sense of wholesale instead of retail, but then again I don't really know what a wholesale price would look like for such a phone, metaphorically speaking.  Or even figuratively.  Speaking that is.

Maybe I should go to bed now.

JimH

Jim H.