News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New 8" Variable Speed Buffer

Started by ....., December 13, 2016, 08:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry,

How have you made out with your new buffer? Any feedback?

AE_Collector

I don't know....let me go see if it is still in the box on my table saw out in the garage! Just haven't had time to even unpack it. I want to go check the stand they have for it and maybe pick one up while they have the Spend $75 get $15 off coupon this month. Then maybe I will put it together and I bet I give a try before the year is over! I usually wait for the warranty to expire before I discover that something doesn't work....

Terry

Make sure that you get the base with feet like mine and not the square pad. I have a PA $15.00 off Coupon you can have.

I just checked the PA flyer and the square base is half the price on sale of the one with the feet at the regular price.
I guess it is what ever works best for you.

AE_Collector

The story of my life! Well at least I can get the $15 of the $79 stand without having to find something else to spend some $$ on. The square plate would be great if bolting it to the floor but I need to be able to store it and then drag it out to use. And in good weather I could go out on the driveway and keep the mess outside.

Terry

TelePlay

Yes, that square one does have 4 holes in the base for concrete anchors, making it permanent. Without that, it looks very dangerous.

I have the 3 footed stand and I attached it to a 3' x 3' piece of plywood with 9 rubber feed on the bottom of the plywood for extra stability and less vibration noise on the floor and it is still portable but needs a flat surface. When the wheels are put on right and tight, it just hums at 3,500 rpm. The rubber feet also keep it from walking.

BTW, I was wondering why my buffing techniques weren't quite "cutting it" as it did when new. Then I realized my 8" wheels were down to 6" which gave me a slower surface speed - they still work but it just takes longer but it is a bit safer on plastic (two new 8" wheels will be  here on Thursday).