News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kingston Phone Show - NECo 211

Started by tallguy58, September 25, 2017, 12:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallguy58

I picked up a Northern Electric 211 for $25 at the show and decided to install it at the work bench. I had a heck of a time getting it to work so I disconnected everything and restarted using a diagram supplied by bingster on this site. Hooked it up to a 684BX subset and nothing, zilch. Called the landline with my cell and the subset rang but the phone was dead. After checking all the wires for continuity I decided to check the handset. The BK contact looked like it was bent too far into the transmitter cup. Bingo! Everything now works.

Here's the install:
Cheers........Bill

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Nice job Bill, It's better than my install. I used zip ties. It's all show and no go. LOL

19and41

When I was little there was one like that in the ticket booth at our towns' little movie theatre.  I wanted one so then, but my rotten old grown up practicality keeps me from getting one.  Thank you for sharing yours!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Stubbypylon

Hmmm.  I think you may have bought that off me.
Craig Stanowski

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

tallguy58

Hey Craig! Didn't even realize that was you. LOL Brain fart.

Thanks for the deal.

Next time we meet tell me about Wally
Cheers........Bill

Greg G.

Quote from: tallguy58 on September 25, 2017, 12:37:06 PM
The BK contact looked like it was bent too far into the transmitter cup. Bingo! Everything now works.

I love low-tech fixes like that!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Stubbypylon

Craig Stanowski

Quote from: Stubbypylon on September 26, 2017, 06:52:12 PM
Bill,

Is this you at your work bench?

OMG, it is Bill just minus the glasses. :) I borrowed a shot of Bill from Dave Hunter's site.

tallguy58

Hey, that's me in high school! Chemistry class.
Cheers........Bill

Babybearjs

I have one just like that! its outside in my carport! love that phone!
John

AE_Collector

HarrySmith

I just recently purchased a C mount, 201 or 211 to fill a hole in my collection. Got a great deal from our own Vern P. I will post pictures once I receive it and may put it in FOTM. I have been looking for a dial model for quite a while, several years. I picked up a manual one a while back pretty cheap but have been unable to locate a dial model at a reasonable price until now.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"