News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Green North Wall telephone N 561?

Started by Daniel B., November 30, 2021, 11:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel B.

I recently win a really rare green North Electric wall phone. Should be the model N561 if I don't make mistake. I never seen any North 561 in color for real before.

This scarce North phone in color was in my wish list since long time. I already have 2 North wall phones in my collection but both was black. This green North, will be my first North wall phone in color. Maybe one day, I will be fortunate again and I will find the other colors of this model....

This is the EBay auction link: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275021308611
( dead link 02-22-22 )

The final price of this  phone is US 167,50$. For me, this phone worth much more....I can't understand why this auction ending so low? Maybe because the  auction title was wrong:.Automatic electric wall mount telephone. Maybe the seller used a previous listing to create the new listing and He forgot to change the title...

It's not a problem for me...I got a real deal and I will finally get my dream phone. This phone is a keeper for sure. I can't wait to see this phone in real....I will post more photos of this beauty when I will receive...

If you have more phone photos of this North model,  in any color or technical info's, please add to this post... Until now, the only thing I can find over the net about this model, is one photo on the Paul F. website....

Daniel B.

SUnset2

Congratulations.  I suspect that there are not many people looking for North wall phones in colors.  And that it was describes as Automatic Electric.  I've never seen one like it.  I was watching it too, but not knowing much about them, I wasn't willing to bid high for it.  Good to see it going to someone who will really appreciate it.

Doug Rose

Congrats Daniel.....it is a beauty....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

I watched that auction and was quite surprised that it didn't end much higher.  I sold an ivory one of these several years ago for $293.88, and it was missing part of the base. 

This phone is extremely rare and a great addition to a collection.  I would suggest handing the finger wheel very gently and checking it for any cracks.  If there are any cracks, I would apply small amounts of cyanoacrylate super glue to them from the back side to keep them from spreading.  These North finger wheels tend to crack and crumble.

Larry

david@london

Great find Daniel. Would this be a soft plastic 1950s phone? I notice that there are no central holes in ear/transmitter caps.
Larry, I seem to remember seeing pictures of your ivory model. Is there a post on here about it? Thanks.

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: david@london on December 01, 2021, 03:00:35 PM
Great find Daniel. Would this be a soft plastic 1950s phone? I notice that there are no central holes in ear/transmitter caps.
Larry, I seem to remember seeing pictures of your ivory model. Is there a post on here about it? Thanks.

My original post about the ivory Norths is here: forum link.  I don't remember if I posted about the wall phone when I sold it.  I still have the desk version.

Larry

david@london

Thanks Larry, great to see your desk + wallphone...and all those other rare Norths.

MMikeJBenN27

Wow!  What a find!  One thing I have always wondered about though is why is there only one mounting hole?  How do you mount it securely that way?

Mike

Daniel B.

Thanks for all your great comments. I should receive my green North phone soon... I hope it's one made in soft plastic...I will tell you when I will receive.

When I installed my black North phone on the wall, I added a second screw in the bottom base holes. by the inside. Like that, the phone can't move...it's more safe...

I added a picture of my black North....I love any North Electric phone....specially those in color!

Daniel B.

allnumbedup

I would like to request inside pictures once you receive it because the dial card and handset are labeled Kellogg.  I imagine a -51 Kellogg handset is hard to come by in soft plastic. Since both North and Kellogg internals are not as well labeled as WE, it would be interesting to see how this phone is marked.  Agree with all---a great looking phone to add to your collection. JC
Analog Phones for a Digital World

HarrySmith

I was curious about the Kellogg handset also. It also sports a Kellogg dial card. I am looking forward to more pictures and info on it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I hadn't originally noticed the Kellogg handset.  That may be the reason that the bidding didn't go higher.  A green North handset would have made this phone even more rare.

Larry

Daniel B.

It's the same for me Larry,I never seen the kellogg handset....Those North phone in color are almost impossible to find so I'm still really happy of my purchase. I received this North phone today. I will post more photos as soon is possible. Except the handset, this phone is perfect at all....soft plastic made and no crack... If I'm very fortunate,  I will find a green North handset alone....For now, I will try to paint a black north handset in green.

I updated my museum photos:

You will be able to see my black North phone with my other wall phone....I will install my green North close to this black North after a good cleaning.

Daniel B.

I forgot....

This is the forum link where you can see the new photos of my phones collection....I made some change since my last post 3 years ago...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19763.0

Enjoy your virtual visit of my small private telephones museum

Daniel B.

david@london

Daniel, just my opinion but the Kellogg handset is part of the phone's history, matches the Kellogg numbercard and is a great design itself. A lot better than a painted handset I would think.

Great collection you have.....un veritable musée téléphonique.

Could you post a photo of the maker's logo on your North handset pls? Merci!