News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kellogg Masterphone 1000 - Select-O-Phone in Brown Bakelite

Started by mazda_matt, January 20, 2017, 04:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazda_matt

Here is a restoration we did on an old Kellogg Select-O-Phone. In its original configuration, the phone did not work whatsoever. After comparing it to a regular Redbar, I noticed the networks was slightly different and the dial was very odd. We ended up swapping the parts from a regular Redbar into the Select-O-Phone. We replaced the ratty black curly cord with new cloth covered cords. Gave it a sand and buff and it came out beautiful. The red button mutes the transmitter.

We also came across a .pdf of the original brochure for the Select-O-Phone series. I attached it along with pictures

oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

rdelius

The Kellogg Select-o-Phone used a different circuit. Ex dial pulsed closed instead of open.All the brown sets I have seen were Select-o-Phones.

unbeldi

Here is the circuit for the D1002, which is what many or most of these SOPs were.

It did not have a "network", the part that plugs into the connection block is a simple resistor in the receiver loop.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15864.msg166602#msg166602