News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by Dan/Panther, December 10, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenton K

Merry Christmas and seasons greetings from the West Coast!!!
Wishing you a happy and safe holiday season.

-Ken

Mr. Bones

Merry Christmas 2014!
     This is the time of year to take stock of, and be grateful for one's blessings, (if you don't bother on a regular basis every day...) ;)

I want all my friends here on the forum to know that I rate you quite high among the many things I am blessed with, and wish the lot of you a very Merry Christmas!

With my very best regards to all of you, and all of yours!!!

Be happy, be safe, and I'll see you on the other side! ;D

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

unbeldi

Here's one of Santa's Prize Packages !

dsk

Merry Christmas from Norway!

-15 deg C and nice weather.

dsk

DavePEI

Merry Christmas from PEI! Warm, rain, 13 deg. c.

No phone presents this year, but I did get some great health news on Tuesday. I gave an NE554 and an 717GC to a young fellow beginning his collection later that day. More for him in the spring when we see how he gets along with the first ones.

This young fellow had his first introduction to antiques and old phones in the museum last fall. When he left then, I gave him an insulator. He will be back in the spring!

Guess that's what Christmas is all about. He was one very happy 6 year old!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

david@london

i would think that 6 years old is just the right age to receive your first classic rotary phone !

sunny here in london,
happy christmas c.r.p.f. !

HarrySmith

Merry Christmas to all my fellow Phone addicts and to your families, especially the ones who put up with our little "hobby"!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah from the Detroit area.  39 degrees F with no snow on the ground this year.

I wish you all a happy, healthy 2015!

~Dennis

DavePEI

Quote from: david@london on December 25, 2014, 08:13:16 AM
i would think that 6 years old is just the right age to receive your first classic rotary phone !
You know 6-7 seems to e the best time to interest a child in a hobby. Just around the time my son had his seven year old birthday, I built and gave him an IBM XT clone many years ago. He became a true computer expert, building servers by the time he was 9, then the kid teachers went to for computer advice in high school, then network admin for a local ISP for seven years before going back to school so his knowledge would be documented. That he passed with the highest marks they had ever had a student get, and is now working in Ottawa as a Network Administrator.

The only sad thing about that is he is living away. We sure miss him most of the time, but HE IS HOME FOR CHRISTMAS this year!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

Merry Christmas, everybody.  I thought I'd share a great joy, a mahogany brown 500 under the tree. (I would have been more artistic with the photo, but all of the gifts were unwrapped at that time.

Ben

Phonesrfun

A couple years ago I found a 293A under the tree.  This year, I repaid my wife with a new laptop.  No, not phone related, but she has really been wanting one.

-Bill G

Weco355aman

Merry New year and Happy Christmas. (Merry Christmas ) to all.
Just finished dinner and now to phone stuff.
Phil

Greg G.

Merry Christmas to all!  Anita and I went to see the musical version of "A Christmas Story" in downtown Seattle on the 24th.  After the show, we went across the street to a restaurant for lunch, and we spotted a British phone booth.  It was all locked up and empty, no phone in it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Brinybay on December 25, 2014, 06:49:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all!  Anita and I went to see the musical version of "A Christmas Story" in downtown Seattle on the 24th.  After the show, we went across the street to a restaurant for lunch, and we spotted a British phone booth.  It was all locked up and empty, no phone in it.
Nice pic!

Looking quite dapper, handsome, and sharp, as always, Greg! 8)

Happy Holidays!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

Quote from: Mr. Bones on December 25, 2014, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Brinybay on December 25, 2014, 06:49:03 PM
Nice pic!

Looking quite dapper, handsome, and sharp, as always, Greg! 8)

Happy Holidays!

Best regards!

Thank you!  Funny thing was, this story was set in the 40s, and I was glad to see the live musical version had a period-correct telephone.  I spotted a WE Space Saver on the wall.  It was used in the scene where Ralphie's mom called another mother after Ralphie said he heard the "Fudge" word from another boy. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e