"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

"Parisienne" ugly, ugly ugly

Started by gpo706, March 27, 2011, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpo706

These mocks are so over the top, it's going cheap if anyone is so inclined:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-LOOK-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-RETRO-DIAL-HOME-PHONE-WORKING-/250794646797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a64869d0d
( dead link - 10-10-21 )
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Owain

Quote from: gpo706 on March 27, 2011, 11:21:09 AM
These mocks are so over the top, it's going cheap if anyone is so inclined:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-LOOK-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-RETRO-DIAL-HOME-PHONE-WORKING-/250794646797?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a64869d0d

Those were made in Italy and fitted with BT innards by A P Besson Ltd. I've come across identical cases in use in Australia.

Personally I think some of them are quite nice phones. The internal construction's hampered by the fact that the innards were adapted for the cases.

If you want ugly how about the Empress
Empress

bushman

That's exactly why I want an Empress.  They are so ugly they are cute.

Bushman

paul-f

Also "cute" in rotary!
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

bingster

I like the empress.  :(

I'd like them even better without the frilly decals, though.
= DARRIN =

GG

The version with the frilly decals looks like a D1 that somehow adopted a G3 handset, sitting in the middle of a flower garden.  From that perspective it's kinda cute, all it needs is a buzzer instead of a ringer, so you can say the flowers have some bees ; - )

Just think: the reason they broke up the Bell System was so we could all run out and buy phones like those.   Yes, and phones shaped like ducks that quack when they ring.   And MCI could start taking bites out of the long distance network.  And eventually people would talk on devices the size of candy bars with sound quality similar to a desk stand with solid back transmitter.  In the 21st Century. 

Progress...?

gpo706

Quote from: GG on March 28, 2011, 08:11:51 AM

Just think: the reason they broke up the Bell System was so we could all run out and buy phones like those.   Yes, and phones shaped like ducks that quack when they ring.   And MCI could start taking bites out of the long distance network.  And eventually people would talk on devices the size of candy bars with sound quality similar to a desk stand with solid back transmitter.  In the 21st Century. 

Progress...?

PMSL! so true GG.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

bingster

The Empress was a pre-breakup phone offered by Ma Bell (and GTE).  It was one of those "case is yours, guts are ours" deals.
= DARRIN =