News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Different WE 302 Ringer Mount

Started by cloyd, July 05, 2016, 01:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloyd

I have a 1938 302 with a ringer mount that I haven't seen before.  I am wondering if anyone can explain it to me.

It looks like the typical spring loaded variety except that it is mounted onto some kind of rubber material that is riveted to the base and to the ringer (I think).  I got the phone to ring so I don't need to remove the ringer anymore but I wanted to include it as information that may be needed by someone else.

Thank you,

Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

Kenton K

It's a mount that was used for early 302s. They later switched to I presume cheaper rubber grommetS that isolated the mount. I actually prefer this older type. I feel the newer rubber deteriorates faster.

cloyd

Does anyone know if this type of ringer mount allows the ringer to be easily removed?
Tina
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

cloyd

Thank you Kenton.  I was surprised to see that Teleplay has a phone with the same setup.
Tina

jsowers

Quote from: cloyd on July 05, 2016, 01:20:14 PM
Does anyone know if this type of ringer mount allows the ringer to be easily removed?
Tina

It's just sitting inside a clip mount. You loosen the one screw you can see plainly in the last picture and leave it so it doesn't protrude. Then push down on the screw and it should release the ringer when you pull up on the ringer bells with the other hand. The tab with the screw holds it firmly. You can leave the wires attached. To re-insert, place the back side of the ringer in the clip first and then just push down. It's a neat design.

Also, if you can, please change the title to 302 instead of 500 since this has nothing to do with a 500 set.
Jonathan