"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blondie Rides Again

Started by Doug Rose, June 06, 2013, 06:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Quote from: ESalter on June 06, 2013, 10:22:48 PM
I believe when they started making the square button Trimlines is when they started using the regular modular jacks on the handsets.  I think rotaries of that era had the small jacks too, but I'm not 100% sure.  I don't think the bases ever had different plastics though.

---Eric

When they started making mini mod phones, they started using the adapters in the large mod housings, The fat mod line cord was fat mod to spade cord , and later fat mod to mini mod cord, and fat to mini base adapter.

Most fat mod trimlines are incandescant lit, later ones were made with led lights.

There are lots of internal design changes to the trimlines over the years, some fat mod sets have a TT IC chip and others have the ferrite discs like 2500 sets, later trimlines are vastly simplified.

The IC based tone generating trimlines seem to of been in heavy production around 1975-76 however documentation shows they were in production in the era of 10 button trimline.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Tom B on June 07, 2013, 08:36:10 AM
Janet really did do well there, Doug. Like others I really like the red 500 with the straight grey handset cord.
I am going to put the Red soft plastic on eBay Sunday at 12 noon EST to start to pay for this haul. If any one wants to make an offer before then, message me. I will open it tomorrow and take pictures. No cracks, straight gray handset cord and a cloth red line cord. Quick look has not chips, or cracks but it was dirty. Dated 2/52. I doubt its been touched, I will know tomorrow. I am not looking for "finlover money" but this is a desirable set. I didn't plan on refrurbing it as I know how particular you guys are and it is a collector set, not for someone's living room. Let me know by Sunday Noon EST...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

This is a beauty, I did not clean it, just took pictures. It is a working phone, but it does not ring and I did not fiddle with the 4 prong. 4 prong is red with a small chip but still displays great. Cloth line cord like on a red thermoplastic 302. Shell is dated 1/18/55, Base dated 2/55, back of dial is dated 12/54, ringer is dated 1/55 as is the coil. The receiver element is snug in the handset and the transmitter cap is very tight so I did not try on this beauty. Dial spins with help, need some lubrication. This looks to be ALL ORIGINAL!! What an amazing find. NO chips cracks or missing pieces on the phone, no deep scratches but it need a very good cleaning. This is a real tough find. Email me with any offers, before 12Noon tomorrow or it is on eBay....thank...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

AE40FAN

Ugh, even though I already have one I want this!  Too bad funds are short for me at the moment as I just moved to a new place.  Hopefully, this goes to a good home!

WesternElectricBen

Never seen a 4 prong like that.
Ben

Doug Rose

Well ....I am on vacation this week, so I cleaned this beauty up. I surprised myself. NO buffing, Noxon ...elbow grease and Avon SOS. I am not Finlover, or Dennis or Jorge....but I am sure happy with myself. Handset cord is soft and pliable and is in great shape after years of being wrapped up. I cannot get it to ring but I do not want to remove the great red 4 prong.  This beauty just shines. It is back on eBay....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290933103855
Kidphone

Doug Rose

more pics
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Dennis Markham

It looks very nice Doug.  It also looks from the photo that the red ringer wire is on terminal L1 with the black ringer wire and green mounting cord wire.  If that's the case, move the red ringer wire to L2.

AE40FAN

I love this phone.  I hope it goes to a good home!!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on June 17, 2013, 02:19:01 PM
It looks very nice Doug.  It also looks from the photo that the red ringer wire is on terminal L1 with the black ringer wire and green mounting cord wire.  If that's the case, move the red ringer wire to L2.
ALL RIGHT DENNIS!!!!! You can teach and old doug new tricks!!! You look at color wires long enough and your eyes deceive you. Right there under my big nose.

This is what the Forum is all about!...thanks again Dennis....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

Doug:
The back of the dial is also missing the plastic cover.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Jorge...its there...I just took it off when I cleaned and lubed the dial....thanks....Doug
Kidphone