News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Estate Sale

Started by wds, September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

The thing next to the Eureka, looks like a cable pulling clamp.
next pic, looks like a solder iron. with a can crimper? opener?
the thing with multiple wing nuts i believe is also a cable puller, but for multiple strands at same time.

wds

Some Preferred Stock in Associated Telephone Co.  Wonder if these are worth anything.
Dave

wds

Cute Valentine Card.
Dave

wds

Not really telephone related, but interesting for anyone from Columbus Ohio.  1930's newspaper among the telephone magazines I was going through.  The Columbus Dispatch had always been an evening newspaper, and a competitor, the Citizens Journal was the morning paper.  The CJ was printed by the Dispatch - until the Dispatch decided that Columbus should be a one paper town.  So they stopped printing the CJ and put it out of business.  The Columbus Dispatch became the morning paper instead of the evening paper.  Lazarus was a very large department store in Columbus until it shut down and sold out to Macy's.  Lazarus downtown was a destination - we would always go there to mess around before we went to the Lincoln Leveque tower to throw toilet paper rolls off the observation tower.   Good old days.  Now there's no shopping in downtown Columbus.  The Lucky Stripe ad is quite interesting - I didn't know that they were actually good for your health!
Dave

wds

Couple of candlesticks - Select O Phone, and a 20DA with an H in a circle below, Operator phone.
Dave

rdelius

That Associated Stock might have  value.I think it was a forruner of GTE (Verizon) now

AE_Collector

Quote from: wds on November 25, 2017, 08:26:54 PM
The Lucky Stripe Strike ad is quite interesting - I didn't know that they were actually good for your health!

Oh of course they are....just ask the manufacturer!

Terry

wds

What do you mean by Associated Stock?

Ok, I understand now - you were referring to the Preferred Stock Certificates.  I will do some research on the Stock Certificates and see if I can retire early.
Dave

wds

Really nice Kellogg wood phone, and not so nice Bell toy truck.
Dave

wds

Anyone have an idea what this is?   There was a tag in the box labeled "Dial Pluse Recorder", but I have no idea if the tag went with his item as it was loose in the box.

Dave

Jim Stettler

It is a "Pen Register". It records dial pulses on paper tape. They were used to trace outgoing phone call number .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have also seen them offered as an "answering machine" type application. A wax cylinder recording instructed the caller to dial their phone number. The pen register recorded the phone number. I think it was offered thru stromberg carlson.

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

drkp

Pen registers, of course, are still around and now extended to tracking all kinds of metadata (ask the NSA...)

Interesting to see one that might have actually involved a pen!
Dan

wds

Tag says its a Southwestern Bell Tele. 237C IMPulse Counter.  KS-7608
Dave

wds

Some kind of portable field set.  Quick crank got me 90 volts ac.

Dave

Fabius

Quote from: wds on November 25, 2017, 07:59:47 PM
Some Preferred Stock in Associated Telephone Co.  Wonder if these are worth anything.

These are not bearer securities, meaning value, if any, would revert to the owner (or their heirs) named on the certificate and not who had them in hand. Check the back, this is where the owner would sign when the security was sold or transferred.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905