Main Menu

Internal Handset Jack ??

Started by ramegoom, October 12, 2017, 11:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramegoom

I have a broken RJ11 jack from inside a wall phone, and need to know
1. What is the technical name for it?
2. Who carries this part?

It has four long leads with fork terminals, used to connect the handset coiled cord to the phone base. Different colors than the standard wall jack, but similar.

Anyone?

RB

I cant tell you who may carry them, but, I believe, you can nab one from just about any newer phone to replace it with.

Ktownphoneco

Old Phone Works ( OPW ) carry them, and it's located here, at this link :  https://www.oldphoneworks.com/modular-line-jack-for-2500-series-phones-6p4c-623d4.html     $3.99 for one, and I would assume Phoneco Inc., would also carry them.    I'd search it out at their site, but it's too difficult to navigate.

Jeff Lamb

poplar1

This is not a 623-type 6P4C line jack. Rather, it is a 616-type 4P4C jack:

Handset Cord Jacks:

616B for 2554 Touch-Tone mini-wall ITT/SC/WE
616C for 554 Rotary wall phone
616D for 500/2500
616P for Princess
616T for Trimline

616W inside a G15 handset
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

The jacks are all over eBay but the catch is shipping which at about $3.50 is more than the cost of the jack.

Question: What type of phone do you have, a 554 or 2554 and did you really mean handset jack, the small jack as said by poplar1?

dsk

The handset jack is referred to as  RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22 so it is not easy.
This may contain what you are looking for???  http://tinyurl.com/yb9cchf3
dsk

poplar1

If it is for a 554 rotary wall phone, only the 616C will fit correctly.

RJ refers to jacks registered for connection to the network. Thus, jacks for handset cords are not registered and have no RJ #.

ramegoom

Thanks for the replies. I am new to this stuff, it's a Bell Systems wall phone from around 1969. I'm not sure what the model is, have to look further. I 'temporarily' replaced it with a jack out of a baseboard wall box, grafted the proper length wires onto it, and epoxied it into the base of the phone. But I want to do it right, so I will need that particular part with the two slots that slide into the phone cover notch.

poplar1

Is it a rotary phone? If so, the 616C jack slots are for the metal base, not the notch in the housing:

ramegoom

That makes more sense. I just ASSumed it went into the cover, but your pic looks like it should. The part on mine that's broken out had me confused.

I'll try to hunt one down and place it in properly, then it'll get it right.

Thanks!