Assume the phone is wired correctly. Try wiring the mini network like this:

Network wire color to termination point

Yellow   to dial BB (term 4)
White to dial R (term 5)
Pink to BK (term 3)
Green to transmitter
red to transmitter
Blue not used
[ The term # is looking at the dial back w/ the seperate terminal as term 1.

The switchook is shown between L2 and dial Y (term 2)

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

DARK FATHER

Thanks!  I tried to use it and actually heard dial clicks a few times when it was hooked up.  But the dial tone remained steady.  I do not know which is transmitter, receiver, etc.  Still trying...

Phonesrfun

Transmitter is the part you talk into, and the receiver is the part you hold to your ear.  The receiver will have a 2-conductor cord that goes into the back of the base, and the transmitter should have either two yellow wires going up through the perch to the back of the transmitter, or the wires will be one yellow and another will be a yellow with a yellow and brown stripe.  That is unless someone has modified the wiring.

-Bill G

DARK FATHER

Jim S I tried your idea and it did not work for me.  Also I do not have a red wire on my mini network, it is black.  I am beginning to think that my phone may have some serious issues.  I do not see how since it gets a clear dial tone, and a few times I heard clicks when I dialed it. FRUSTRATED!! ???  Perhaps my dial is bad.  I have used every possible combination that I can think of with trying to hook up this mini network. 

DARK FATHER

I have noticed that some of these phones are wired using the seperate red (R) term and others use the (R) term on the dial.  I have even seen some that has one red wire on each which seperates them.  Which is correct?  Note my previous pic of my rewired one.  When I opened this phone the red handset wire was attached to the seperate term (there was no wall-mount wire so I installed one to get the phone going so I have no idea where THAT red wire belongs).  As it is now BOTH of my red wires are on the dial term marked R.  Both my black wires occupy the same spot on the dial (term #3).  Why all the variations?

Phonesrfun

With a dial, both reds go to the R terminal on the dial.  The "R" terminal on the mount is not used.

No dial, you have no choice but to put them on the "R" terminal on the mount.

With dial, both blacks should go to "B" on the dial.

-Bill G

bingster

The easiest (and certainly least frustrating) way to go with this might be to check ebay for either a proper subset.  Or if you're on a budget, a cheap modular 500 will work, giving you an easy to use subset for $5 or $10.  This way, you won't have to worry about all the wiring modifications, and could use the standard connection diagrams.
= DARRIN =

DARK FATHER

I know of an antique store that has a no-dial version phone with the subset.  I did not want to go that route.  This network issue simply makes NO sense!  OTHER people get their mini networks to function.  Why not mine?  I have a feeling that I must send this to a phone repairman to be gone through.  The only thing that I am wondering about is the dial.  There is a small screw that attaches the dial that is apparently missing in this phone of mine.  Perhaps it was used as a parts model.

Phonesrfun

Dark:

Dont be discouraged, I am sure I can help you out and get this going, and if not me, there are others too.

It looks like a standard AE mini network, and so it should not be a problem.  I check in from time to time during the day from work, and right now is one of those times, and since I am at work, I don't have the information to help you out.  I have also been very inundated at work this last week and have spent very little time on this board.

I can take a look at it later tonight when I get home, but I probably won't be home until  about 8pm Pacific, and I see you are on Eastern time.

So, if you can bear with that timeframe, good, otherwise maybe one of the others will be able to jump in.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

I have a question to ask....am I the only one seeing the same red phone?  I see the Batman phone posted 4 times, but others may be seeing a different image.  Bill made the comment that it "looks like an AE mini network". 

What are the rest of you seeing??

Thanks,

Dennis

HarrySmith

Batman Phone. I did see a blurry picture of the network somewhere.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

A red Manual 500 with a bat man dial card  and Modular
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Looking back on it, I see at least 9 of those images.  Perhaps Dark Father is using that as his "signature"?

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

DARK FATHER

Yes, that is my temporary signature.  I wanted it as my avatar but it would not load correctly.  That is my desk phone that will soon be joined by the WE 202 that I am fixing.