News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Farm Phone

Started by Greg G., March 13, 2012, 01:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I originally was going to get the grey AE and the green 880 in a CL ad, but instead went for the 102.  Please tell me it isn't too clean to be true:
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

More pics.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

Very nice!  There are more phones on craigslist in the Seattle area in one week than there are here in a year.

That subset box looks like it's khaki color.  Especially given the date on the ringer, I would guess that it was war surplus, probably never used during the war.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 13, 2012, 09:20:08 AM

That subset box looks like it's khaki color.  Especially given the date on the ringer, I would guess that it was war surplus, probably never used during the war.

Larry

I was thinking the same thing, WWII era military surplus because of the date on the coils and the color of the subset, (but it's what they call "OD Green", khaki is a light tan color).  Seller said it receives calls, but doesn't ring.  I haven't tried to hook it up yet.  He only bent $10 on the price, but I still felt that even at the asking price, it was a good deal considering the condition.  This thing was very well protected for a long time.

The handset and subset are WE, but I'm wondering about the base, there's no typical WE markings such as a date on it.  Made by an independent?
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 13, 2012, 09:20:08 AM
Very nice!  There are more phones on craigslist in the Seattle area in one week than there are here in a year.

Larry

Come and visit any time you like.  I'm off first 3 weeks in May for vacation, garage sale season will be in full swing, although I find the vast majority of phones on CL.
- Mike Row
e

DavePEI

Really nice find!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

LarryInMichigan

The base looks exactly like a WE B1 from here.  It should have "B1" on it below the cradle on the back.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 13, 2012, 12:06:53 PM
The base looks exactly like a WE B1 from here.  It should have "B1" on it below the cradle on the back.

Larry

Yep, it does.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Love the dial card! Great find!!....Doug
Kidphone

canuckphoneguy

Wow - that's an amazing find. I need to head out west and go garage saleing!

Sargeguy

Interesting.  Re-purposing old B-1s as farm intercoms.  I know some/most D-1 bases are unmarked.  I looks like it it was re-painted by the re-seller.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

John S

Greg G.

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 16, 2012, 06:17:28 PM
Interesting.  Re-purposing old B-1s as farm intercoms.  I know some/most D-1 bases are unmarked.  I looks like it it was re-painted by the re-seller.

That's the first thing I thought too, that it looked re-painted.  But it must have been done before the seller came into possession of it.  He said he was just a casual collector of vintage electronics, such as phones and radios, but not into restoration.
- Mike Row
e