News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Standard Electric?

Started by Greg G., April 15, 2012, 09:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

First I've heard of them.  This is just down the road from me.  I'm a little wary of what exactly they mean by "refurbished", could mean anything from butchering the original line cord to simply adding a modular line cord, but I'm wondering about what appears to be two line cords attached.  What's with that ugly dial center?  Appears to be some parts missing from it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/atq/2936930411.html
   ( dead link 03-03-21 )

QuoteAntique Rotary Phone - Refurbished - Works Great - $30 (Kenmore)

Standard Electric Rotary Phone, refurbished, in good condition.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

North Electric Galion Ohio. That is a North Dial as well. The retainer ring clips over it and looks like the only thing missing. I'd buy it!...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Greg....Did you buy it. It's in wonderful condition. SL Ringer. You rarely find a North Dial in a North phone. Sounds strange, but its true...Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 17, 2012, 09:58:10 AM
Greg....Did you buy it. It's in wonderful condition. SL Ringer. You rarely find a North Dial in a North phone. Sounds strange, but its true...Doug

Yes I did, just got back with it.  Get's a dial tone and rings in, transmitter and receiver elements sounded ok, but dial is very sticky, couldn't dial out.  Case is in very good condition, no big scratches, gouges, or cracks, however the finger wheel is cracked.  I can either glue it or try to find another one, plus the part that's supposed to go over the center.  I've got a few other dials that need attention so I'll pack this one with them and send them off to Steve Hilsz sometime soon.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on April 17, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on April 17, 2012, 09:58:10 AM

Yes I did, just got back with it.  Get's a dial tone and rings in, transmitter and receiver elements sounded ok, but dial is very sticky, couldn't dial out.  Case is in very good condition, no big scratches, gouges, or cracks, however the finger wheel is cracked.  I can either glue it or try to find another one, plus the part that's supposed to go over the center.  I've got a few other dials that need attention so I'll pack this one with them and send them off to Steve Hilsz sometime soon.
Nice hit...Steve will have the finger wheel as well as the retainer ring. I have purchased them from him before....Doug
Kidphone