Main Menu

Slow day today at eBay??? D1 Imperial Sold for $49

Started by JorgeAmely, May 09, 2010, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

This went for $49 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220598848647
( dead link 06-05-21 )

Is that about the right price? I noticed the seller didn't take a picture of the front of the handset.  ??? ??? ???

Jorge

Phonesrfun

That price is a steal, in my opinion.  I bought one last year from another collector for $75 at a show.  So, either this auction was a bargain or I over-paid last year.  I would expect a nice Imperial sans subset to go for $150 to $250 on e-bay.
-Bill G

Jim Stettler

I would think a good imperial is worth about $100.
Preferably $100.00 delivered
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

there was on at the show in Placentia for $100.00.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

The, what looks to be perfect, Ivory thermoplastic handset is worth the $100 itself; in my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kidphone on May 09, 2010, 05:24:44 PM
The, what looks to be perfect, Ivory thermoplastic handset is worth the $100 itself; in my humble opinion....Doug
I'm cheap, I wouldn't value an Ivory thermoplastic  handset at more than $50.00 unless it was exceptional , and I really needed it. Then around $70 would be my top end.
The housing I figure it is worth up to $50 and the dial around $20.00
Boost the $'s if the cords are nice.

All things considered I have seen some real nice Imperials sell at $175 and I thought they were probably worth it.
These were examples that appeared NOS

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

I agree that the selling price was a good one.  The phone appears to be in very good condition with an original cloth coiled cord.  I would expect to see one like that sell in the $125-$150 price range.  Did you buy that phone, Jorge?

JorgeAmely

Dennis:

I was busy evicting a gopher from the front lawn and totally forgot about it.

Jorge 1, Gopher 0.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Jorge, I envisioned Caddy Shack when I read your posting about the gopher.  You didn't blow up your lawn did you?

JorgeAmely

No, no blowing up of the lawn was required. I just don't have to water it for a few days.  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

savageje

Hmmm...How'd I miss this one?  Some days I feel like I scour eBay until my eyes are going to fall out and don't find anything interesting...then something like this slips through.  Someone got a good deal.

Phonesrfun

This is getting off topic, but gophers have turned my front yard into what looks like a mine field.  I live in a rural area and there are fields on three sides of me.  It is a never ending story.
-Bill G

Bill Cahill

I'll bet Jorge dug it up like the 3 stooges. :D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

JorgeAmely

Bill:

I used a more sophisticated technique. Garden hose!
Jorge

Kenny C

I know how to kill moles that are digging up your yard. You put A stick of juicy fruit gum in the hole and they eat it and they can not digest it and they die
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010