News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dawn Gray AE80 Monophone

Started by AE40FAN, July 20, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

Dawn Gray AE80 Monophone.   Phone is in really good condition.  Only a slight fade and barely a scratch!  I have not even cleaned this yet.  These are pretty rare?   I think I've only seen one and that was on here.

unbeldi

Where is the handset cord attached?  It doesn't come out on the side ! I thought there was a little hook there.

LarryInMichigan

The original AE80s had the handset cord exit from the rear.  On the later ones, the cord exited from the side.  Many shells were made with openings in both places to accommodate either type of base.

Larry

unbeldi

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on July 20, 2014, 10:06:45 PM
The original AE80s had the handset cord exit from the rear.  On the later ones, the cord exited from the side.  Many shells were made with openings in both places to accommodate either type of base.

Larry
Ah, thank you.

stub

AE40FAN,
                SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Nice!!!!     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE40FAN

It is ABS.  I don't have an exact date pin pointed.  It has the triangular feet and chrome dial center.  Early to mid 60's?  Anyways...how often do you see a dawn gray?!

JorgeAmely

I think they are kind of rare. I have one in my collection that came from Terry's collection in Canada.
Jorge

stub

AE40Fan,
               The 1957 AE catalog p-4 shows handset cord exiting from the rear and in 1968 catalog p.8, it shows the handset cord coming from the left side. Hope this helps.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield