I just won this.

Started by Dan/Panther, May 26, 2009, 04:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

contraste

Link doesn't work for me.

benhutcherson

I'd just about bet money on that being soft plastic.

I don't know how you managed to get such a great deal either, but congratulations!

McHeath

Dan/Panther

AET

Gee whiz, I looked at that phone too, didn't think it was pink, but beige. 
- Tom

Dan

Best price on a soft colored plastic I have ever seen!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

I bought the phone on faith. I hope by him saying he checked inside the handset caps and it's much pinker.
Even if it turns out to be beige, I don't have a soft shell, soft dial all matching 58-500.
So it will still be O.K. Now if I had paid $50.00, that's another story.
D/P

AET

Very true, either way you got a winner D/P.
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Well the Pink 500 arrived today.

Every part is original from 1958, even the handset cord is 58, it's soft plastic handset is soft plastic, as are the caps everything soft plastic, and all matching dates.
The color is much pinker than photos, and should clean up very good. I will post photos as I clean it up. Currently my pink phone is a matching 64. It will soon be up for sale.
D/P

Dan

I am having duplicate phone issues too, Dan/P. How much does Ebay charge you for a listing? Is it a % of the selling price or a flat bid? I may take the plunge and start selling too. My wife just doesn't understand why I have 5 white WE500's.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

benhutcherson

Dan,
Sounds like a superb find.

(other) Dan,

Ebay charges a listing and insertion fee, based on the opening bid, reserve or buy it now price, and any other features you choose. These fees can run from $.15 up through several dollars.

You then pay a final value fee based on the selling price, if it sells. The final value fee is

8.75% for sales up to $25

For sale $25.01 through $1000, they're 8.75% of the first $25($2.19) plus 3.75% for the amount over $25

For over $1000, the above amounts apply($2.19 for the first $25, $34.12 for $974.99) plus 1.50% of the amount over $1000.

All Ebay sales now also require that you accept Paypal. Paypal takes their own cut from every transaction. Paypal charges 2.9% plus $.30 for every transaction up to $3000.

Dan

Thanks Ben. I used to pay with money orders, and the sellers LOVED it. Now with the paypal 2.9% fee, I see why.