"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Millennium with Keyboard

Started by martin, December 29, 2016, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

Quote from: Dominic_ContempraPhones on June 23, 2017, 06:04:59 PM
Why would you want that?  That's a Quortech retrofit, and an ugly one at that.  NT had NetVenue -- way better.

Oh, I am not limiting myself to the eMillennium... As far as I can tell, the eMillennium and the NetVenue seem to be quite similar - both even feature a normal Millennium-PCB inside, requiring the usual CRASERV-Install-Routine...

So, yeah... If someone offered my an eMillennium or a NetVenue, I'd take either of them. ;-)

Dominic_ContempraPhones

I know the schema ... it uses SQL/MX on NonStop.  There's no need for demo firmware.  Dial-in to MM can be disabled and local rating can be setup.  You know it's Bell 212A and X.25, and I can do a modem connection.

Where I'm stuck is I don't know the install response should be - the protocol that BNR used over 212A.  I have X.25 APIs and I can populate the payphone.

I can also get the DMS people to put the line reversal on -- they don't need to change my LCC.

PUBCOM

Hello Martin, and Payphone Installer, you both seem very aware!  I have an e Millenium that was used in USA, which I can shoot pix of for you, if it is of interest. This phone came actually from service, with an upper lock and key. Upper has a 56 k modem port, and Ethernet port on the exterior of the keyboard housing.The interior looks somewhat like it has a 2.xx  telephony board, and a modified 2.xx style CPU board, and a daughter board to activate the keyboard interface. I have been watching this thread as you work on a way to activate the Mil phone  from  "out of service" to basics... how is that coming?

AE_Collector

Martin hasn't been logged in since a day after his last post here. But, someone is making demo chips for Millenium payphones now...anyone know who that is?

Terry

martin

Quote from: PUBCOM on May 15, 2018, 04:47:52 PM
I have been watching this thread as you work on a way to activate the Mil phone  from  "out of service" to basics... how is that coming?

Well... Unfortunately I haven't been progressing on this project as much as I wanted to... Lesson to be learned here is probably to never announce "will be ready for testing" if you're not 100% sure you can keep the deadline ;-)

I made some progress on the configuration-GUI, as it now features all the necessary configuration items. But they are not very well explained - so some cleanup might be in order. The other, bigger missing chunk is to merge the data from the GUI with the modem-backend.

So stuff is still coming along, but very slowly...

As for your eMillennium: I'd be happy to get a few pictures of the phone, go ahead and take them :-) If you also have a chance, I'd be happy to take a dump of the EEPROMs in there. I don't know how different the firmware for the eMillenniums is - but my guess is that it very similar when it comes to the provisioning process.

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 16, 2018, 01:54:40 AM
Martin hasn't been logged in since a day after his last post here. But, someone is making demo chips for Millenium payphones now...anyone know who that is?

Terry

I have a copy of the demo firmware running on my Millennium. :)
I also have the programmer and eeproms.

But there are also others out there with the very same thing.

PUBCOM

Hello Duffy'
I have heard of this demo firmware in older posts. I am not familiar with its content, and what it can do? PubCom

Quote from: PUBCOM on May 16, 2018, 11:04:52 AM
Hello Duffy'
I have heard of this demo firmware in older posts. I am not familiar with its content, and what it can do? PubCom

Make it work like a normal payphone. You have to use a card or coins to make a call.

Sigmaz

Hey Duffy. Is it set to a flat rate across the board for all calls or does it randomize or something because there's no way it could have a real band/rate setup without phoning home or being geo-aware.

I made that sound way to complex..

How much to make a call?
Lol

AE_Collector

After deciding to NOT bother getting a Millenium for my collection while I was still working I am starting to think I may have made a mistake! And if our company hadn't been so hell bent to contract everything out over the last ten years I might have still known a person or two in the payphone department!

Terry

PUBCOM

D. Duffy, The Pictures are great. I like the Duffy's Place and Duffy Tel on your display. On Mil display in demo mode, can other or alternate info be input, and do the feature buttons work?... for example like speed dial, or direct access? Just making calls of any kind is a big Plus, over "out of service"

HarrySmith

Quote from: AE_Collector on May 16, 2018, 04:48:08 PM
After deciding to NOT bother getting a Millenium for my collection while I was still working I am starting to think I may have made a mistake! And if our company hadn’t been so hell bent to contract everything out over the last ten years I might have still known a person or two in the payphone department!

Terry

Agreed. I have always said "No way", I do not want to get into a computerized payphone! After seeing the pics and reading what it can do I am rethinking also.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Maybe for Terry. Shipping from Canada to Florida is a bit high. How do we know if it will work? Is it complete? What is the difference between Millenium & Centurion?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on May 16, 2018, 06:00:59 PM
Maybe for Terry. Shipping from Canada to Florida is a bit high. How do we know if it will work? Is it complete? What is the difference between Millenium & Centurion?

That Millennium is in Maumee, Ohio, United States.