News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 307 - think I paid too much!

Started by kleenax, December 31, 2021, 09:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

$20 on Craigslist today.
Best thing I have found in a LONNNGGGG time!

No cracks or chips either. More pics to come, but not until next week.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

kleenax

Quote from: poplar1 on December 31, 2021, 11:46:14 PM
302AC -- H13 tel. set mounting. Or 306G (H14) if it has a tube.

See http://www.paul-f.com/we300typ.htm
K; thanks David. Didn't know really. 307 is what the seller said.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Quote from: kleenax on January 01, 2022, 07:46:35 AM
K; thanks David. Didn't know really. 307 is what the seller said.
Interesting. Now I look over Paul's site and find that it probably IS a model 307. The seller wasn't a phone person at all, and she just said that it says "307" on the bottom.
http://www.paul-f.com/we307.html
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Ray ...a wonderful find, lettering looks crisp. A pic of the insides of a 307 enclosed as I was just working on one.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Ray.......it looks like your instructions was an after add. It has the correct plunger but the instructions seem to be added on not cut into the phone...Doug
Kidphone

RB

Very nice guys.
Can someone post a schematic?
And explain to me what the 266A inductor is for?
I don't yet have any of the LB talk/CB signal phones.
Still learnin!

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 01, 2022, 09:23:53 AM
Ray.......it looks like your instructions was an after add. It has the correct plunger but the instructions seem to be added on not cut into the phone...Doug
Uhhh, don't know about that Doug, but I haven't gotten it into my hands yet. Downloading image into PhotoShop here it sure seems to look authentic to me.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Babybearjs

I have a few of these, and the matching 357 wall phones.... nice unit. based on the pictures it looks like the shell was changed out. but no biggy... as long as it works right... I love mine... all working and usable.
John

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on January 01, 2022, 09:12:15 AMRay ...a wonderful find, lettering looks crisp. A pic of the insides of a 307 enclosed as I was just working on one.....Doug
Thanks for the pics Doug. I now realize that it is either a 302AA or 302AC although I don't know what makes it one or the other. After taking some more pics yesterday, I just decided to put it on eBay starting @ $9.99 so it would go to a good home.https://www.ebay.com/itm/234368063894
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

oldguy

It looks like the bid is up to $56 & you still have 5 days to go. Looks like you'll make a good prophet Ray!
Gary

kleenax

Quote from: oldguy on January 09, 2022, 09:55:58 PM
It looks like the bid is up to $56 & you still have 5 days to go. Looks like you'll make a good prophet Ray!
I may indeed make a good PROPHET, but in this case, I will settle for a "profit" ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

oldguy

Ok, I can't spell🙁 or I'm a prophet😳😀
Gary

tubaman

Currently at $147.50 with three days still to run - not bad for a $20 investment!  ;D