News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Kinda Creepy...

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, November 20, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

About a year ago, I found a 1959 WE511 in an antique store in Menomonee Falls, WI for around $20, I actually posted it to this forum when I found out it was originally a beige phone.

Anyway, I was searching around here, and found a 2-year-old post by forum member 'magicmo', who had found a 511 for sale in an antique store for $250. As I looked through the pictures, I thought; "Huh, I feel like I've seen that somewhere". I looked through my smartphone's pictures, and found a picture of my own 511. It's the same phone!!!

Somehow, a phone that was for sale in the Chicago area (presumably) for $250 wound up in Southeastern Wisconsin for only about $20 a year later, and was found by two different phone collectors (first time before the 2nd even became a collector) who were each members of CRPF!

Pretty Twilight Zone-ish to me... :o

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8730
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

NorthernElectric

That is weird.

Here's a sound effect to go with that.   :)
Cliff

Babybearjs

I'm always on the lookout for stuff I've lost or sold.... you never know where it will show up.....
John

WesternElectricBen

That's strange... It's too bad we haven't heard from Mo recently; she was very nice and inherited a substantial collection.

Ben 

Dan/Panther

That is funny how things like that happen.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson