News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1965 Northern Electric Brochure

Started by ....., June 13, 2017, 06:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Here is a Northern Electric Brochure from 1965.
I scanned it and Jeff Lamb made it into a PDF file. Thanks Jeff.

Dominic_ContempraPhones

That's a nice brochure, but the Northern Electric in those photos seems alien, from a distant past.  I recognize the buildings, but the vibe is so different.  Where did you find it?  I would love to find some documentation on SM-1.

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Dominic_ContempraPhones on June 30, 2017, 09:49:06 PM
That's a nice brochure, but the Northern Electric in those photos seems alien, from a distant past.  I recognize the buildings, but the vibe is so different.  Where did you find it?  I would love to find some documentation on SM-1.
On what page did you see mention of SM-1?

Dominic_ContempraPhones

That's a rare brochure.  SM-1 documentation is impossible to find so I said if they could find this, maybe they can find SM-1.

I asked NT people on LinkedIn and they didn't know about.  I called Bell -- they threw it out ages go ... around 1990.  I thought it might be in their archives.  Nope.

The other project I had set up to go was 1A2 - Norstar integration.  Wiring ... gone!  I found the Centrex DR3 module too.

Dominic_ContempraPhones

Alex G. Bell

Quote from: Dominic_ContempraPhones on July 01, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
That's a rare brochure.  SM-1 documentation is impossible to find so I said if they could find this, maybe they can find SM-1.

I asked NT people on LinkedIn and they didn't know about.  I called Bell -- they threw it out ages go ... around 1990.  I thought it might be in their archives.  Nope.

The other project I had set up to go was 1A2 - Norstar integration.  Wiring ... gone!  I found the Centrex DR3 module too.
I understand the above.  But you said:
"That's a nice brochure, but the Northern Electric in those photos seems alien, from a distant past.  I recognize the buildings, but the vibe is so different.  Where did you find it?  I would love to find some documentation on SM-1."

Without stating that you were changing the context I think most people would understand that to mean that you saw mention of SM-1 in the 1965 brochure you were talking about.