News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this an Automatic Electric 34?

Started by Dan, June 05, 2011, 07:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Doug Rose

Square posts and the proper handset, looks like a AE34 to me....Doug
Kidphone

JorgeAmely

WE500 and AE34. They both look in good shape.
Jorge

Dan

As Marv Albert would say YESSSSSSSSSSSS! Thanks guys!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

LarryInMichigan

Dan,

That is definitely an AE34, congratulations :)  Not to rain on your parade, but AE34s are seriously breakable, so anything that you can do to implore the seller to pack the phones well would be highly advisable.  The AE34 body needs to be protected from the handset and the other phone.  We have had a member or two here with AE34 shipping horror stories.

Larry

Dan

'rest assured both phones are bubblewrapped AND double boxed for protection. recievers AND cradles are wrapped seperately, to prevent any rubbing together. thanks, Ross and Cindy.'

That's his  quoted reply above to my instructions , hopefully it will arrive in one piece.....

LarryInMichigan

Good.  Now I should be able to sleep better.

Larry

Dan

Larry, he's mailing it tomorrow, I won't sleep till I get it wed or thurs ;)

stub

Dan,
        Great find , be sure to send under the hood pic!!!!!!  
         Also Dan, this phone comes two ways, one with the induction coil receiver and one with the induction coil in the phone base. NYFED showed his, some time ago, with the induction coil receiver and a 205 ohm resistor. Here's his post-                                                                                       stub
                                                      http://tinyurl.com/3bjl29d
Kenneth Stubblefield

JorgeAmely

Dan:

I collected some notes on how to take apart the handset at this website location. Larry has one AE34 too and he helped with my notes also. We should try an AE34 to AE34 phone call once yours is up and running.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/AutomaticElectricModelAE34A3Telephone#

Jorge

LarryInMichigan

My AE34 handset has a type 41 (like the AE40) transmitter, but people still complain about the sound quality when I use it.

Larry

Dan

My AE50 wall phone sounds perfect to everyone (similar to an AE40 ), I will make the 34 my livingroom phone. The styling, especially if it has brass bands, is a knockout to me! :o

Kenny C

I really like this Dan. By the look of it you got a pretty good deal. Congrats!!
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

thanks to the coolest teen I know (and I have two teenage boys!)

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010