News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Different WE Candlestick

Started by Doug Rose, March 29, 2014, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have had this for years. A collector asked me for pictures so I thought I would share. Notice how the base is slightly off and the brass cord protector screws into the base. No sure where the line cord would come out, but I kept it as found.  No marking on the perch and a strange marking on the transmitter, look like 349 BW without the missing  >:(  magnifying glass. Looks like it was almost an afterthought to mark it. It is one of my favorites. I have never seen a brass cord protector. Looks like it belongs on the watchcase receiver. No sure if the HKS was just bent or made this way.  The mouthpiece came on the phone and I have left it there. It is different!....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

few more pics
Kidphone

tallguy58

Have you tried swinging the transmitter to the other side? Maybe the perch is marked and not visible due to the position of the trans. The switch hook appears to be on the wrong side anyway, maybe it was put together backward.
Cheers........Bill

poplar1

It's not put together backwards. Western Electric is on the front of the base and the cord is on the back; if you change the transmitter to face the other way, then the cord will be coming out the front...another phone for left-handed people so they can hold the receiver in the right hand and write with the left hand.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.