News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Good Gravy! Did I Just Buy A Phone Booth?

Started by Dave, March 25, 2014, 10:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

Here in Norway it is "impossible" to get a Norwegian phone booth, it has been an ad for months on the biggest auction/buy/sell page in Norway offering $5200 for one.  https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=115292395

dsk

Dave

If you fix my pictures the pictures are fixed once. If you teach me to fix my pictures they'll be fixed forever. Man, I feel like having fish for dinner.

AE_Collector

I think it is usually a phone or tablet that is responsible for sideways pictures. I have found with my iPad I can do the slightest edit to it...even if just clicking the "enhance" button, save it and then it is always facing the right way when I upload it but if I don't do that step pictures quite often are rotated.

Terry

Payphone installer

Booth is a handicapped booth, that is why the phone is mounted probably 48 inch's to the coin slot,standard height was and is 54 inch's older booths can be higher then 54 but they are mostly wood booths. The booth has no hinge holes pre-drilled and also has no header which had the door track mounted to it. Booths with floors generally went all the way to the ground bolted to a slab mostly did not. Most outdoor booths did not have a floor and did not extend to the ground. The reason being they needed to be able to dry after it rained and also allowed for snow melt and ice removal. the booths with floors also collected garbage as did the shelf's. Remember the Bell company's had booth cleaners I used to be one. There were 6 guys in the booth cleaning crew I was in.

Number, please!

Quote from: dsk on March 04, 2018, 02:32:11 PM
Here in Norway it is "impossible" to get a Norwegian phone booth, it has been an ad for months on the biggest auction/buy/sell page in Norway offering $5200 for one.  https://www.finn.no/bap/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=115292395

dsk

Yikes dsk!  $5200!  I guess I'll have to stick to beer when I'm in Oslo.
Stu

Dave

Quote from: Payphone installer on March 04, 2018, 04:38:42 PM
Booth is a handicapped booth, . . .

Now it's a front porch light and it's soon to be a doorbell booth. Funny how things transition as they get older. Take me for example, I used to be a young stud now I'm an old nut.

Haf

Dave

just because I'm courious- what is the width of the front opening. Wonder if I could access with wheelchair.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

Quote from: Number, please! on March 04, 2018, 05:43:36 PM
Yikes dsk!  $5200!  I guess I'll have to stick to beer when I'm in Oslo.

OK this is one of the more expensive beer restaurants in Oslo but a good example to scare you to stick to tap water.   http://www.beerpalace.no/nb-NO/Meny.aspx    ;D ;D ;D

dsk

Dave

Quote from: Haf on March 05, 2018, 02:04:31 PM
Dave

just because I'm courious- what is the width of the front opening. Wonder if I could access with wheelchair.

Haf

Just under 30" at twenty nine and 3/4.

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

Dave