News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pulse Coverter

Started by HarrySmith, April 01, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I have been trying to avoid this but it looks like I am going to have to offer a pulse converter if I want to keep selling phones. I lost 2 sales this past week due to rotary phones not working on AT&T Uverse.
I read the topics here, I read the article in Singing Wires and I think the Rotatone is the best option. It offers different wiring configuration for different phones and will fit inside most phones. The discussion in the past about some phones shorting the receiver and some shorting the entire phone is what has lead me here. I visited the Rotatone website & OPW.
The price in the UK is 25 euros which I converted to $35.41 with local shipping. They do not ship to the US. OPW has them for $44.95 plus $10.25 shipping to the US.
If others are interested maybe we can get together and make a bulk purchase. That would keep shipping cost down. If you buy 10 from OPW shipping is $19.25. Maybe it would be cheaper to get them from the UK sent to a member over there who could then ship them across the pond??
Basically thinking out loud here as I need to consider this for my customers and I need to keep the prices as low as possible.
Has anyone else come to this conclusion?? What are your thoughts??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Matilo Telephones

If you have them shipped from the UK, will there not be extra taxes and customs etc? Doesn't that negate the lower price?

Personally, I have been using internal convertors for a couple of months now. The main problem I have with them is that it is sometimes a lot of extra work to put them in properly.

Please mind that I take the trouble to do it in such a way, that it can be reversed without a trace. No cutting of wires, soldering, drilling holes etc.

So I use Dialgizmo. It is not expensive: the price is comparable to the internal converter on the market.

Personally, the time it saves to provide a dialgizmo over installing an internal one is the deciding factor.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

twocvbloke

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 01, 2014, 05:00:40 PMThe price in the UK is 25 euros

We don't use Euros here, we use Pounds Sterling, despite europe's insistance that we assimilate into their collective... ;)

The last time I looked at the Rotatone it was £25, which equates to about $41 US, which doesn't include international postage, you'd probably be better off buying from OPW as I'm sure the shipping would be horrific from here to there, it certainly is vice-versa, plus the US customs tends to wait for a month or nine before letting incoming packages arrive, so OPW would be faster... :)