"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hi from Spain!

Started by Spanish_phones, November 13, 2013, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish_phones

Hello everybody!!!

My name is Iñaki, I'm a 20 year old Spanish collector of antiques, specially old phones!!!

I've just joined the forum because WesternElectricBen suggested it to me! Thanks Ben!

I have lots of phones and from different colours and countires, I suppose Spanish ones are not so usual in this forum, maybe that could be my best contribution to it: Spanish telephones :)

Also I started to create a youtube channel with videos of the phones, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2hUoOF_sPxKQ8H8VlgetxQ

Thanks for allowing me to join you, and sorry for my grammar! ;)

Iñaki

HarrySmith

Welcome :)
You have found the best forum on the net! This is a great group of guys, poke around some of the topics and you will see the evidence. I would recommend reading the longest one http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2394.0. It is 68 pages long but it is a great example of this group pulling together.
Your grammar is fine! No apology needed ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Spanish_phones

Thank you so much!!!

OMG! The post you shared with me is about the very first 500! I supposed it was destroyed or in unknown place.
I really love it!

Contempra

Quote from: Spanish_phones on November 13, 2013, 06:31:07 PM
Hello everybody!!!

My name is Iñaki, I'm a 20 year old Spanish collector of antiques, specially old phones!!!

I've just joined the forum because WesternElectricBen suggested it to me! Thanks Ben!

I have lots of phones and from different colours and countires, I suppose Spanish ones are not so usual in this forum, maybe that could be my best contribution to it: Spanish telephones :)

Also I started to create a youtube channel with videos of the phones, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2hUoOF_sPxKQ8H8VlgetxQ

Thanks for allowing me to join you, and sorry for my grammar! ;)

Iñaki

First of all, welcome on this forum :), and your language is fine ...my own language is french and for the English, I suppose that all members here can understand me :D... Thanks for your youtube's link..

PhoneSeeker

Hello Inaki!

I'd really like to see pictures of some of your collection. I hope you'll post some Spanish telephones. I've never been to Spain. The closest I've been has been France. I'm from California and collect local old telephones from "candlesticks" up to old rotaries. The evolution and variation of the telephone fascinates me.

Enjoy the forum!

WesternElectricBen

I'm not going to even try to, at best, butchering the spelling of your name,

I'm glad you got on the forum and have figured everything out. Like I have said earlier, everybody on this form is very nice and helpful.

Ben

Spanish_phones

Thank you guys!!!

PhoneSeeker, I thought creating my own website, to post photos and videos of the phones, but you can start watching my youtube channel, there are a few videos of Spanish phones, but only a few!!! There are more phones waiting for their time to perform! jajaja

Ben, my name is not that difficult,  I Ñ A K I, the only letter you don't know is the Ñ, which is similar to an N. If anybody knows french, Ñ in Spanish is pronounced as NG in french ;)

PhoneSeeker

I definitely will look for your Youtube Channel. We in California are very familiar with the Spanish language. I remember the first time I saw the name of the Southern CA town of "La Jolla" spelled out, although I'd heard the name pronounced before, I didn't realize the name I was reading!

dsk

Welcome!
Now we are one more "foreigners" here.

I guess the European telephone history, and solutions are bit different from USA, and that has made many different ways of thinking telephone design, even when they usually are working well on all systems.

dsk

Contempra

Quote from: Spanish_phones on November 14, 2013, 03:34:04 AM
Thank you guys!!!

PhoneSeeker, I thought creating my own website, to post photos and videos of the phones, but you can start watching my youtube channel, there are a few videos of Spanish phones, but only a few!!! There are more phones waiting for their time to perform! jajaja

Ben, my name is not that difficult,  I Ñ A K I, the only letter you don't know is the Ñ, which is similar to an N. If anybody knows french, Ñ in Spanish is pronounced as NG in french ;)

Yes I Ñ A K I  I speak french and the "  Ñ " in spanish is pronounced like this ( NG ) I read spanish 'cause I have a Bible in this language but writing 'n' speaking it, its another thing :D...the English is enough for me ;)

david@london

hullo inaki,

i've just been watching your video about the black western electric 500.........very enjoyable. great ring on that phone........i see spain has the long single rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiinnngg like america. here in the uk, we have two short rings.

i think you already know quite alot about these old phones, but if you want to expand your knowledge or solve problems .............you've come to the right place.

david

Russ Kirk

Welcome Inaki,

Looking forward to seeing some of your local phones in your collection.

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

Ininka

How did you do the tilday? IT must just be my english version of windows.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

See what I'm saying,

sorry about that, Inaki..

Ben

WesternElectricBen

On a Mac, its very easy, though I do not remember where dave posted about the sign.

Ben