News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wow! NOS Blue cloth coiled cord went for $493.88 on Ebay!

Started by JimH, February 28, 2014, 06:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimH

I can't believe this went for almost $500!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390780507440

Auction number:  390780507440

Jim

Jim H.

Doug Rose

Jim...I was posting when you did. Buyer will not be please when he gets static on this ...Doug
Kidphone

JimH

Static on the phone, or static from his wife for buying it?  ;D

Jim
Jim H.

Doug Rose

Maybe a little of both, but check out the white wire, the insulation is gone and it looks like it is a prime candidate for static. $500 for a handset cord....oh my...Doug
Kidphone

JimH

I didn't notice the frayed white lead.  I was always grateful that OPW or Odis' company made the reproductions...but those cords are vinyl cords wrapped in cloth, and the loops are bigger and stiffer and the thread they use doesn't have a slight "sheen" to it.  I'm sure if exact duplicates were made, these would not be so dear.
Jim H.

Mr. Bones

Ehhh, for a measly $500.00, I guess I could learn to live with a wee bit of static! (not!) :o

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WEBellSystemChristian

...buyer gets cord in the mail, says "Made in China" on the strain relief. Worst five hundred bucks ever spent! ;D But seriously, though, I'd rather just pay 30 bucks for a brand new, completely-untouched-by-the-test-of-time OPW made cord.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

RotarDad

This is a classic example of at least two people willing to spend big $ for something they've got to have.  The perfect seller scenario on Ebay.  OK, Blue 302 owners, now is the time to part out your phones and  rake in the big money........ ;)
Paul

mentalstampede

Quote from: RotarDad on February 28, 2014, 10:48:03 PM
This is a classic example of at least two people willing to spend big $ for something they've got to have.  The perfect seller scenario on Ebay.  OK, Blue 302 owners, now is the time to part out your phones and  rake in the big money........ ;)

No doubt.... I'd be hard pressed to give $500 for a complete 302 of any sort, even if it was a blue one! But for just a handset cord?
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

Sargeguy

Don't forget these from the same seller:

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

MagicMo

Seriously? I'm almost positive I have some colored cord! That's just crazy! Sometimes I wonder if it's all on the up and up.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: MagicMo on March 01, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
Seriously? I'm almost positive I have some colored cord! That's just crazy! Sometimes I wonder if it's all on the up and up.
Mo

It will be like selling another picture phone for you.

Ben

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

MagicMo

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 01, 2014, 04:31:50 PM
Mo, dig them out, list them and find out ;D

I'm gonna try and find them! Gotta get the backhoe outta the garage first! Lol