News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I need CNET Numbers!

Started by dc4code, July 24, 2018, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

Hey, I've waited for a little over 4 months for my numbers from CNET but I haven't gotten anything!

Does anyone have 10 or 20 CNET Numbers I can use? Please? :)

I'm working on my cord board but I need some trunks and some numbers for my ring group
I was also going to create a homemade SxS Switch!

If anyone has a block of numbers that would be great! but for right now I can work with 10 numbers but 20 would be ideal

Thanks so much! :)

dc4code

Wow, I almost have 100 posts!

andy1702

Do you mean you need a block of numbers allocating or you want someone to host a block for you on their asterisk? If it's hosting you want then I can do that, but they would be UK numbers.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

dc4code

Quote from: andy1702 on July 24, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
Do you mean you need a block of numbers allocating or you want someone to host a block for you on their asterisk? If it's hosting you want then I can do that, but they would be UK numbers.

No, I can host the servers I just need the numbers

dc4code

andy1702

Ahhh, sorry I can't help you there then. I just spoke to the guy who issues the numbers for the rest of the world, but apparently someone else does it for the US.

Congratulations on the 100 posts though!  :D
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.

dc4code

Does anyone have at least 1 cnet number I can use?

markosjal

As I understand it that cnet will block caller's IP addresses coming from an IP that is not assigned to the number block. That is what happened to me while I waited for my number block. But then again it was probably just an excuse, not a very friendly bunch IMHO

You can not seem to make any kinds of suggestions for improvements or anything and they seem to get paranoid about their "good ole boys network" , even blocking IPs of servers of folks they do not like.

Sorry If the cat is black I say its black. I say it as I see it..

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Greg G.

I don't quite understand how CNET works, who controls it, but your project sounds very interesting.  Here's a couple of links that may help.  I just did a search on CRPF of "CNET".

https://www.ckts.info/

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2448.msg166255#msg166255
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

tallrick

I wonder if why I lost access to CNET was changing isps? My static IP address was lost and that was about the time I lost access to CNET

markosjal

and it can be just because they do not like you!

Any lame excuse they want
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

dc4code

Hey Guys

UPDATE:

I got my Cnet Block of

229-0
229-1
229-2

a few days ago and it's all working fine now :)

AE_Collector

So is that 3000 possible numbers? The 229-1xxx group as well as 2xxx and 3xxx?

I signed up for the 937-xxxx group when they first got started. I've never done anything with it and am not certain if I ever will....maybe.

Terry

dc4code

Quote from: AE_Collector on September 09, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
So is that 3000 possible numbers? The 229-1xxx group as well as 2xxx and 3xxx?

I signed up for the 937-xxxx group when they first got started. I've never done anything with it and am not certain if I ever will....maybe.

Terry

Do you think you could give me 937-5 and 937-6 ?

Or I could host the whole entire block for you. so that you won't need a server and I could give you a login so you can just get numbers

AE_Collector

I really don't understand how it all works...or at least what all the options are. If You host the 937 NNX woukd I only be able to get individual 7 digit numbers? What would I need to have to get say the 937-8000 or 8800 Group incoming to a 5th selector or connector in a SxS demo switch?

Terry