News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

List of ATAs very helpful, Grandstream HT802 getting it done.

Started by DCorl, June 18, 2019, 11:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCorl

Hi all, I recently picked up a rotary phone and was researching how to connect it to the modern world when I found the  sticky ATAs that work with pulse dialing, very helpful. A quick check on my VOIP provider (callcentric) showed they supported the HT 802 so I ordered one and with a little effort had it dialing out with the rotary phone. A bit more effort and now both the rotary and the modern cordless are working. Both ring on incoming calls and I can ring one extension from the other for testing or to demo. Really quite impressed with how well the ATA works. Rings the rotary phone with ease and it's quite loud. If anyone wants details on how things are setup I would be happy to try and help.

BTW - really glad I went with the ATA instead of a Dialgizmo. Cost less and the new ATA fixed some noise issues I had with the old ATA (linksys PAP2T) Don't get me wrong the PAP2T was a great ATA but mine got hit by lightning, still worked but a little noisy. So it was pass due for replacement. 

Babybearjs

be sure to tell us if it works OK. I had the HT802 and now I have 2 HT801's. for some reason the Grandstream ATA's don't support rotary. I had the HT802 and it kind of worked, then I got the HT801 and no matter what I do, or what phone I'm using... it won't dial out on rotary. supports TT with no problem, but its becoming useless to me on my setup. now, if you are using a regular VOIP service, it may work fine for you, but I'm on the C*Net system.... and can't use rotary to call through....
John

DCorl

Yes the Grandstream HT802 is working great for me. My VOIP provider is Callcentric. I have FXS port 1 set for pulse dial and FXS port 2 set for tone. Both work great. A neat thing I noticed is the HT802 will flash the blue line 1 light on top when there is a voicemail - nice when the phone has no display.

DCorl

Update on GS HT802, I was able to call my bank and navigate the touch tone menu using my rotary phone. The menu said "press 3" so I dialed 3 and it worked! The only thing that was not available, press the # key. The call still went simply by holding on for a bit.  Nice! on a side note I have noticed a lot of the newer menu systems let you speak the options. While I used to not really like those systems they can make using a menu system with a rotary phone a piece of cake.