News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Anyone heard from matt lately?

Started by Steve, February 21, 2010, 12:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I guess people tend to overlook the less attractive people, and focus on the beauty or perceived beauty of a few. An attractive person will stick in your mind, and the average we tend to forget.
BTW, I'm not focusing only on the Ladies in that photo I also include the men.
I will say, I've based my observation on the appearance of the face, not clothes and hair.
One more thing, did anyone else notice the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve

I don't know what picture you guys are looking at.

I see about 12 beautiful women in that photo.

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dan/Panther

Steve;
You must be one of the 85%. :P
D/P

Steve

Not sure what that means? what 85% ?
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Steve

I personally think #'s 1 2 3 8 9 and 12 are VERY pretty.

these women are not wearing makeup. most likely the room has a few overhead bare bulbs for lighting, and they are waiting for one of those gunpowder flash things they used as flashbulbs back then to go off. I don't qualify to rate the guys, I'll take your word on them. :)

Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Dan/Panther

Steve

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 05, 2010, 07:25:37 PM
Just kidding Steve.
D/P

I know Buddy:)

I am intrigued by number 12 right now. she seems to be a 40-something Italian woman with a deep mystery. why is that woman staring her down?
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Craig T

Quote from: bwanna on March 05, 2010, 09:09:08 AM
i am curious about the year/place of this photo. obviously an office christmas party...but why isn't anyone smiling? it looks like there are as many gals as guys, so what kind of business would employ so many women? (in this era) i considered maybe the party included spouses. but i think couples would be paired up for a photo, if that were the case. the one gal has what looks like a phony police hat....was she the office lush? i don't think they are all that ugly. if you look around your own workplace, how many people would you actually consider attractive? unless you work at a modeling agency or something :o

Well the door says "#504   -ION DEPARTMENT" on it.  I thought is was in a police station, but I do not see another trace other than the hat on the one lady's head.  

I was thinking secretarial work. Maybe it was a central office of some sort? I would guess that you are correct in assuming some of them are married to each other. I looked it over pretty carefully, but that is all that caught my eye.

Wallphone

D/P, Where did you find the picture? It looks like it came from Shorpys.com. If it did, there is always good commentary following the pictures. It would explain a lot of things.
Dougpav

Dennis Markham

It looks like maybe the 20's or 30's.  The electrical wires are stapled along the outside of the wall.  I think they did then when electricity was installed after the building was built.  It looks like a cord coming from the ceiling to the Christmas tree.  Perhaps from a light socket.  Too bad the postage on those envelopes couldn't be enlarged.  Perhaps they would tell the date.  Someone that knows fashion could probably pinpoint the date.

Wallphone

Dennis Markham

Good job.  My cord to the light fixture panned out too.  We should be investigators! :)

Steve

My hunch is it's not "from" Shorpy.

I think it's from the L.O.C.

http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/catalog.html

here are a couple more photo sites that I peruse. I'm sure there are many more good ones.

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/ndlpcoop/ichihtml/cdnhome.html

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/index.jsp
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

Dan/Panther

Doug;
thanks for finding that photo. i tried to zoom in on the door markings to read them and it over wrote the original photo ion my file.
The sign on the door say 504, dept, erator, I thought it was connected with the phone company some how.
D/P

Phonesrfun

Oh, of course!  The Erator Department.  Every company has one of those.   :D

-Bill
-Bill G