News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Payphone keys

Started by Godfather367, April 01, 2015, 11:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godfather367

A friend of mine called me this evening and told me he had something for me that he found in someones garbage as he was driving down the street, a few minutes later he was at my house with a payphone in his car. Not just the pay phone, but the metal frame and metal back it was mounted to! I would like to know if I can get keys for this thing as I would like to get it off of the metal it's mounted to and possibly hook it up. I have an old three slot rotary I won on ebay coming, that one has keys. Does anyone know if those keys will fit this phone too? I can't find any markings on this phone with the exception of "Bell System" on the coin return and "Verizon"  everywhere else.

Anthony 
Anthony -
When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ATCA 4719
<center><a href="http://atcaonline.com/"></center>

G-Man

Quote from: Godfather367 on April 01, 2015, 11:59:29 PM
A friend of mine called me this evening and told me he had something for me that he found in someones garbage as he was driving down the street, a few minutes later he was at my house with a payphone in his car. Not just the pay phone, but the metal frame and metal back it was mounted to! I would like to know if I can get keys for this thing as I would like to get it off of the metal it's mounted to and possibly hook it up. I have an old three slot rotary I won on ebay coming, that one has keys. Does anyone know if those keys will fit this phone too? I can't find any markings on this phone with the exception of "Bell System" on the coin return and "Verizon"  everywhere else.

Anthony 

You might have a shot at obtaining an upper-housing key if you can provide us with the area code and prefix. Obtaining a key  for the lower-housing (coin vault) is nil!

ESalter

Chances are you'll find two mounting screws once you get into the upper housing but there will be two more inside the vault.  To access those, you'll have to cut the vault door off.  You have a better chance of winning the lottery than ever finding a key for a vault lock.

---Eric