News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nov 7 San Jose phone show report

Started by McHeath, November 08, 2009, 12:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Had a jolly good time at the phone show in San Jose today.  It was held at a church site, in a nice older neighborhood.  About 10 venders were displaying wares, mostly older stuff like candlesticks and wood phones, with some early plastics and bakelite.  Not a whole lot of post WW2 stuff, and not the parts extravaganza I was hoping for, but I did manage to get a couple of items on the need list.

McHeath

Here is a rare bird.

(not the piggie) :)

McHeath

For you dial lovers out there:

Phonesrfun

I am jealous.  Wish I could have made the trip.

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

These all belonged to the same fellow, you can see his picture on the magazine cover.

McHeath

You would not have won the prize for furthest traveled Bill, there was a man there from Australia, he came especially for this show. :o

McHeath

An odd artsy lampstand for a candlestick.  This guy had some really nice and clean stuff for sale.

JorgeAmely

Excellent reporting McHeath.  Thanks for the pictures.  :'(
Jorge

McHeath

A few shots of the goods.  The princess phones were 2 bucks each, or 2 phones for 3 dollars.  I bought a moss green one, could not stop myself.

The red 554 was interesting, but not on my list.  Near it was a NOS WE 302 for 75 bucks, a very clean and shiny phone.  There were several boxes of misc parts for 500s and 554s under the table, great buys, I paid a dollar for a new in the bag moss green hardwired handset cord and one dollar for a red plastic 500 shell.  He had a box full of 554s parts, including a color change kit still in the bag.

McHeath

This was for $125.  The headrest was odd, the paint seemed like factory. 

McHeath

Now for the most surprising thing about the day, my wife ended up buying more phones than I did!  She bought two wall mount Trimlines, an orange one and a yellow one, they were both super clean.  Never thought I'd see the day. :)

McHeath

Here is the haul once we got it home.

Yellow Trimline, 9/1967
Orange Trimline, 10/1980
Moss Green Princess, 3/1973
Red 500 shell, 1966
Moss Green 15' handset cord, NOS, 1975
Rust 15' handset cord, NOS, unknown year
Wall mount plate for a 1554/2554 series, NOS, 1982
Original AT & T "The Telephone Story" poster, 1969 edition.

Total price, $39 for all.  

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

I got a bunch of cool stuff, including a neat Australian phone for $2, and a rotary phone compatible pbx. I'll post more in the morning. I didn't see you there McHeath.

Jester

I wish I could have gone!!  I was in Redding from the 22nd through the 25th of October for Grandma's birthday, but job commitments prevailed & I couldn't stick around for the show.  They don't hold such things where I live, but, one of these days...
Stephen