"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hacked 302 housing

Started by TelePlay, December 17, 2016, 10:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Quote from: TelePlay on December 28, 2016, 08:11:52 AM
Like this? Most popular but much harder drill is through the handset and housing. This is an easy housing only spot. In either case, it's a waste of a good phone . . .

Yes John,

I have seen that on several occasions.

Thanks for posting!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

andre_janew

I now see how it could've been a lamp phone.  Now I'm thinking that someone updated their lamp phone by taking the lamp part off a 302 and putting it on something newer like a 5302 or even a 500!

Pourme

Benny

19and41

I'm imagining a nice sharp drill bit too large to start the hole in the original handset, splitting it in half, then splicing on the wrong handset and a bit of wallowing out of the cradle, a nice hole in the rear, to not break the new handset, then to finish it off, a loss of interest.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

I inquired about this phone early on when it was listed. I was attracted to the cord and the possible AE dial. I was offered the phone for $10 + about $13.00 shipping. I decided my money would be better spent elsewhere.I don't know what the inside looks like. They did good getting $20+.

Benny
Benny

andre_janew

I just happened to realize that I once created a similar look by putting the handset of an SC 1543 on a WE 302.  It wasn't hooked up to the 302, however, just sitting in the cradle.